Chapter 9

Caroline's P.O.V.

I looked at myself in the mirror. I was wearing a black dress with quarter sleeves that fanned out at my elbow. It was pretty and I suppose I looked good enough for it. Alexander's parents wanted to have dinner with us to get to know me for me. I had met them before but only very briefly.
My Dress:

   I took a deep breath a exited my bedroom

   I took a deep breath a exited my bedroom. I walked through the halls before finally seeing Alexander by the door texting on his phone. He was in a normal gray suit. I blushed slightly and coughed to let him know I was there. He looked up and his eyes roamed my figure. I stood there awkwardly until I had had enough.
     "My eyes are up here Alex." I said. Suddenly I blushed realizing I had called him Alex. He laughed at that. "Sorry." I muttered, looking at the ground.
     "Don't apologize. And you can call me Alex. It's better than everything else." I stood there stunned as he opened the door and left. I then finally registered I had to follow him and ran out the door. He was making his way to his car, which was a Lamborghini. I opened the door to the passenger seat and slid in.
     "Nice ride." I mumbled.
     "Thanks." I hadn't expected him to hear me. I took out my phone and stared at it. If only I could text V. Or my grandfather. I just wanted to talk to them. Or contact them in some way.
     "We're here." I snapped my head up. Was the ride that short? I shook my head and got out of the car. I looked at the restaurant and then at the parking lot. It was full of nice cars. I didn't realize I was staring until Alex brought me out of my trance. "You know some people come to restaurants to eat. Not to stare at the cars in the parking lot." I blushed in embarrassment. I followed Alex in and we sat at the table his parents were at. "Mom, dad, this is Caroline. As you know." He introduced me.
"Hi." I smiled at his parents when I said this.
"Hello darling. Oh you look even more beautiful since the last we saw of her." His mother replied.
"Thank you." I talked a little more with his parents until the waiter came to take our drink order.

Alexander's P.O.V.

Caroline was talking to my parents when the waiter came. He took our orders and I noticed when he was taking Caroline's, his eyes wouldn't leave her breast. I don't think she noticed and she didn't even spare the guy a glance. I chuckled. That's what you get. I thought. Don't you dare try to steal my wife. I jerked back in my seat. Why was I thinking these things? I didn't even like her.
"Alexander." I snapped my gaze over to my mother. "Thank god you finally heard me. I was just asking Caroline how things were going. Are you going to join in the conversation?"
"Um, yeah. Sorry." I stuttered out. "But yeah. Things are going smoothly." I glanced at my father and saw him smirking at me. I glared back.
"I hope my son isn't being too big of a problem. He can be a little pushy." My father joked. My mother hit him hard.
"Thomas!" She hissed. Suddenly our food came. He handed his to Caroline, sparing her an extra glance. I noticed a small piece of paper under her plate and so did she. Caroline looked at it. There on the paper was a series of numbers. It was the waiter's phone number.
But Caroline did something I wasn't expecting. She tore the paper up. Into shreds. I chuckled to myself and Caroline whipped her head in my directing, confusion written plainly on her face. I looked away from her but snuck a glance at her. Caroline's eyes were narrowed into slits as she glared at me.
The rest of the dinner went smoothly. On our way home, Caroline had fallen asleep. Every red light I found myself staring at her. She was beautiful. Her skin was flawless and she looked so peaceful. Not concentrated on her work, not scared of everything around her, and not worried about her family. I started to wonder how often she took time to take care of herself.
I found myself laughing. I noticed we were more alike than I thought. She always worked at barely took breaks. Just like me. I rarely took vacations and I was always working. She rarely took time to take care of herself just like me. I shook those thoughts away as I parked my car. I woke Caroline up and we walked in the house.
"Night Alex." I didn't say anything back to her and just entered my room. I couldn't catch feelings for her. My pride wouldn't allow it. She wasn't what I wanted. Besides I didn't even want this marriage. There was no way I'd allow myself to fall for her. With those thoughts I fell asleep nothing, but a frown on my face.

Caroline's P.O.V.

"Night Alex." I called to him. He didn't respond and just walked away. Maybe I was being stupid. Maybe him looking at me at the restaurant was because the waiter had been looking at me and giving me his number. I knew he had been staring but I pretending as if he wasn't. I had even ripped up his number.
I walked into my room and slid out of my dress. I put on my pajamas and wiped off all of my makeup. I got in my bed and instantly fell asleep. If Alex didn't like me, fine. I didn't care. Soon this would all end and I would be free.

And that's that for this chapter. To be honest I had written this a different way and it was awful. I hope you like this one better. Thanks and see ya!
~Marissa-Meyer-Fan 😎