Chapter 8

Caroline's P.O.V.

   I rolled over in my bed, but this time I didn't fall off. Instead I felt a presence next to me. I opened my eyes and saw a shirtless Alexander. I looked under the covers. I was naked down to my underwear. Shit shit shit shit! I rolled out of bed and grabbed a random shirt. I was huge, meaning it was Alexander's. The shirt covered my butt which was good. I looked around a room and saw clothes everywhere. My dress on the bed post, Alexander's pants on the floor, and my bra thrown by the closet.
   What happened??! My mind screamed. Then I heard a groan. I froze in my position on the floor. Alexander was waking up. Crap! Crap! Crap! I tried to make a move to the door, but Alexander had opened his eyes.
     "Why are you in my shirt?" He asked grimly.
     "Why are you in my bed?" I snapped. Alexander's eyes narrowed and looked around, realizing he was in my bedroom. Groaning, he fell back on the bed. I stood there awkwardly. "What happened?" I asked sincerely only wanting an explanation.
     "Drunk." Was his only response. Of course. Of course I had to have too much to drink and ended up almost having sex with a man who had no love in his heart. Not even for his family. I groaned and slumped against the wall.
     "Can you leave?" I asked looking at the ground.
     "And why would I do that?" He looked up at me.
     "So I can think alone and get dressed."
     "Just get dressed now." He said as if it were simple.
     "I need privacy."
     "Nothing I haven't seen." I banged my head against the wall. Technically he was right, though that was the last thing I wanted to admit. I got off the wall and walked to my closet and pulled out a simple dress. It was simple yet pretty. I grabbed an extra bra and opened a door. It was my bathroom. I slid inside and slammed the door shut and locked it. I turned on the shower, stripped, and hopped in. I washed my hair then my body. I shaved, finished up, and turned the water off. I wrapped the towel around my body and stepped out of the shower.
   I quickly put on my outfit. I went to reach for a comb to brush out the knots in my hair when I saw it. All over my neck were hickeys.
     "Shit!" I shouted loudly. Suddenly the door burst open. Hadn't I locked that? Alexander hand ran in. In only his boxers. Dammit.
     "What happened?" He immediately asked. "What's wrong?"
     "Nothing you care about. Now go away." I shoes him off, but he didn't budge.
     "Just tell me why you shouted, 'shit!'" I whipped around, my neck in full view. His eyes went straight to all the hickeys he had given me.
     "Shit." He muttered.
     "This is why I shouted. How am I supposed to cover these up?" I growled at him. His eyes met mine.
     "Makeup." He stated simply.
     "For the love of God. Makeup won't cover up 10 bright red hickeys!" I was glaring at him. It was bad enough that we'd almost had sex, but this? Really?
     "Calm down. I can't do anything about that. However we aren't going to the office. Paparazzi will be everywhere and also I'm having a bad hangover. So you won't have to worry about anyone seeing those."
     "Wow, you're actually taking a break. Who would have thunk it?" I joked humorlessly.
     "Hey I'm not the one to blame here." He tried reasoning.
     "You are the only one to blame!" I shouted, anger coursing through my veins.
     "Calm down, Jesus! Ok I'll go and leave you to do, whatever it is you are doing." I was ready to slap him but Alexander ran out. I growled in frustration. Why was he like this?!

Alexander's P.O.V.

I ran out of the bathroom and grabbed my pants, slipping them on quickly. Caroline was livid with me. First we almost had sex. Second her neck was covered with 'love bites'. But I wasn't upset. The only things I was grumpy about was the hangover and the fact we didn't have sex. I had woken up right when she woke up. She didn't realize it of course, but I had taken a small look at her.
And damn. She looked hot as hell. Any longer I would gotten up and kissed her. Caroline surrounded my thoughts big time. But I didn't know why. I only wanted her for sex. Right? I shook my head and walked to my room. I opened the door the found a shirt. I slid it on and walked out. My head hurt horribly so I grabbed some Advil. Once I finished I turned to go to my home office, but then I saw Caroline. You couldn't see the hickeys as well as you could before but you could still see them all. She stopped when she saw me.
"Hey." I said quickly. She gave me a curt nod before looking for food in the fridge. "Ok I get the message. No need to shun me." Caroline stood up abruptly.
"Oh sorry. I wasn't ignoring you." She told me. I motioned for her to give me an explanation. "I'm just upset with your hickeys you left me. None of them went invisible. Also I'm hungry. I get grumpy when I don't have a lot to eat." I laughed at her statement and she smiled. "Now where is that contract saying we are married?"
"Right this way." I showed Caroline the papers and she signed. I looked at her signature. Elegant. Flawless. Her. "Perfect. Now we're married."
"Sad isn't it? I never expected my wedding to be just a signature." I looked at Caroline. The look in her eyes was sad. I didn't feel anything. "Well now that that's over, I'm going to work." She walked over to her laptop and took it out. She logged in and began her work. I swear I don't think that girl does anything else.
     "Why don't you just go shopping?" I asked her. "No need to do work on your day off."
     "Says the man who is about to go work himself." She retorted. "Besides that closet already has several outfits. I don't need anymore." Caroline shrugged. I rolled my eyes and left her alone to her work.
   As I entered my office my phone started ringing. It was my father. I sighed and picked up the phone and put it next to my ear.
"Hey dad. Do you need anything?" I asked politely.
"No I'm just checking in. How is everything?"
"So far so good. We are married now. But I have a huge hangover." I told him.
"Oh god Alexander. Tell me you two did not have sex." I blushed at his comment.
"No we didn't. We almost did though."
"Alexander you have to be careful. I don't want anymore close calls. But how is the girl doing? Is she happy, sad, angry? What?" I started pacing.
"I think she's doing fine. I wouldn't call her happy but she isn't upset either. I'm not really sure how she is though. I'll tell you she's a good actress until her emotions get the better of her." I told my dad.
"Good. We can't have her backing out. And don't you dare threaten her. Look son your mother and I would love to meet her. I know we got to see her in your office but we want to really meet her. Know a little more about this girl you're marrying."
"Sure. When do you want to meet her?"
"We'll have dinner with you both tonight. Your favorite Italian place. Forno's is it?" I chuckled.
"You definitely aren't patient. But yeah I'll tell her. Just don't mention her neck."
"How many hickeys?" My father asked, exasperated.
"About 10." I told him quickly, but no matter what, he heard me.
"10?! Alexander why in the world do you do this? You seriously need to control yourself. But no hope on helping now. I'll see you tonight." And with that, the line went dead. I rubbed a hand down my face. Time to tell Caroline. Oh boy. I was already guessing she would be upset because she wouldn't be able to fully hide her hickeys.

Ok this chapter isn't that great but it isn't totally awful. I'll see you in the next chapter! See ya!
~Marissa-Meyer-Fan 🤩