Chapter 7

Caroline's P.O.V.

   I looked in the mirror and saw a girl I've never met. Someone who is the opposite of me. But that girl was me. But it wasn't me at the same time. It was a different girl in my body. A girl wearing a gorgeous floor length dress, with her hair styled in a special way, heels covering her feet, and expensive makeup covering her face.
My Look:

(Prétend hair is blonde)    I slid my hands down my sides

   I slid my hands down my sides. The dress was amazing. It was comfortable and not choking me. To me, I looked like a princess. Oh V, if you could see me now.
     "Caroline! Hurry up. We can't be late." I jumped at the voice. It was Alexander. I sighed and walked up to the door. I took a breath and opened the door. I stepped out of the room. Alexander was already half way down the hall. I followed him since I didn't know my way around. He must have heard the clicking of my heels because he turned around. As soon as he turned around he stopped. He mouth was open slightly. Alexander looked me up and down, his eyes raking my body. I leaned against the wall, embarrassed. His never left my body.
   First my face, my boobs, my stomach. Back to my boobs. My legs, and back up my body. The cycle repeated itself over and over again. Finally I got tired of how he looked at me and I coughed, bringing his head to snap back to my face. Alexander went red. I wanted to laugh but I didn't. He seemed embarrassed enough.

Alexander's P.O.V.

   I looked at Caroline. She looked like a goddess. The dress she was wearing complimented everything about her. Her curves, her boobs, and everything else you could imagine. Caroline suddenly coughed and then I realized I had been checking her out. But who wouldn't? She was hot! Hotter than all of my flings. Then and there I was ready to rip off her dress and have a night of pure bliss.
     "Are we going to go, or are you just going to look at me all night?" She asked. Her face seemed frustrated, but her eyes showed fear.
     "We're going. Now." I turned quickly and walked to the front door to my car. Caroline followed. She got in the passenger seat and looked all over the car, except at me. She didn't spare one glance for me. I almost slapped myself for wishing she would look at me. She is just a business deal and nothing more. I drove quickly. At one point I sped up greatly and Caroline squealed. I chuckled slightly and had slowed down for the rest of the ride.
   We finally arrived and I helped around out of the car. She seems nervous and didn't walk in. Then I remembered the ring.
     "Wait Caroline. Put this on. It's our 'engagement' ring. We need to show off our marriage in small ways but definitely so that the Italians know I'm getting married." She nodded and took the ring. She put it on her finger and looked at it. She looked up, and I put my arm around her waist and brought her inside. People were everywhere and Caroline seemed to shrink against me. I walked around the room looking for my parents. Then I saw them at the table. "Mom, dad." I greeted.
     "Alexander, so good to see you." My mother said. "I see she agreed on the terms." My face tinted pink and so had Caroline's face.
     "Yep. Hopefully it'll be a good year." I said through a fake smile.
     "About that. You won't be married for a year." My father started. 
     "Do not tell me it will be 2 years." I said not covering up anything. As hot as Caroline was, I was not going to be married for 2 years.
     "You won't be. You'll be married for 6 months." I smiled widely when my father said that, but I was also confused.
     "But how?" I asked.
     "Don't ask. Just be happy." Caroline laughed at that. I sighed. "Why don't you two go dance?" My mother suggested.
     "I don't think-" Caroline started saying. I didn't let her finish. I grabbed her arm and led her to the dance floor. Even though I didn't really want to dance, it was better than having my parents embarrass me. I pulled Caroline into a position as the song One Call Away by Charlie. We glided around the dance floor in perfect sync. I was shocked that Caroline knew how to dance.
     "You're good at dancing." I told her out of the blue. She gave me a look of confusion, but then she just shrugged.
     "I guess. I went to prom and that's the only dancing experience I have." She said blandly.
     "I didn't know you have a boyfriend." I smirked at her.
     "Had. I had a boyfriend. We broke it off a little after prom. I was able to wear something nice from my friends closet. She now lives in Europe." Caroline explained. I only nodded in response. "When do I sign the contract of our 6 month marriage?"
     "Tomorrow. I'll give it to you at work." She nodded briefly. Am awkward silence rested upon us and I didn't know what to say. "Why are we dancing?" She asked.
     "One my parents are embarrassing. Two they would just keep pushing for us to dance. Better to get it over with. Three we have to seem close. So when we are married the media will realize we've been together for some time." Caroline nodded again.
     "You seem to please people a lot. Do you ever take time to please yourself? Take a break from the world and just live in the moment. Because all I have seen, is you working and sleeping." I laughed.
     "Being the soon to be owner of this company requires dedication." I told her. She sighed.
     "That doesn't mean you can't take a day or two off. Or just go on vacation over a long weekend." She said.
     "What about you? I don't think you take breaks." I remarked.
     "There's a différence. Your company can fall and you would be able to live off of the rest of your money. I work so I can pay bills, but if I stop I'm out on the streets. I would end up dying on the streets. I need to work and take no breaks so I can survive." She told me sternly. Then a question popped up in my mind.
     "You care about your family a lot."
     "They're all I have." She shrugged.
     "When you went back to say goodbye to your sister, you were about to cry." This time, Caroline did nothing. "Would you have made this deal for yourself? If you didn't have your family, would you have made this deal?" Caroline looked away when she responded.
     "No. I'm doing this for my family and no one else. This is for them. I love them. Even if you don't believe in love I do. There are a lot of kinds of love. Love for family, love for yourself, love for God, and love for someone you want to spend the rest of your life with. I know you don't believe in the last version, but what about the first? Do you love your family?" She asked me. I had no clue of what to say.
     "I don't know. They're my family and I feel great warmth and kindness for them, but I don't believe in love." And that was all I had to say.

I'll be back with another chapter soon i swear! What did you think of this chapter? I think it was much better than the other, but it's not my best. Please comment. Love y'all!
~Marissa-Meyer-Fan 😛