Chapter 15

Caroline's P.O.V.

I entered the mansion and immediately stopped once I shut the door. Security guards were everywhere. Some were even napping. Though they instantly looked up when I arrived. I noticed once man did a silent cheer. I looked around confused until one guard, probably the head, spoke up.
"Sir she's here." He said. Alex immediately came out. His hair was tousled, his shirt rumbled, and the bags under his eyes were very dark.
"Oh thank god. You all can leave now." The men left and once they were gone, Alex came up and hugged me. I hugged him back, but I was still confused. "I thought you were dead. Or kidnapped. What happened?" He asked me.
"After that little incident with Lucas," I scowled as I said his name, "I left. I was on the bus and Jason was there. I needed to go to the therapist so I could schedule appointments for Veronica and he went with me. Afterwards Jason and I got in a fight. I made my way home alone." Alex pulled away from me, but his hands were on my shoulders.
"I don't mean to pry but what were you arguing about?" I sighed.
"He thinks I should go to the therapist and get some therapy treatments. While we were there, the woman thought I should take some therapy lessons but I refused. Politely of course. Jason didn't agree. He says that I always put others before me and never take care of myself. It's stupid though."
"As much as I dislike the guy, I do agree with him. You may not realize it Caroline, but you always put yourself last. You said it yourself. You wouldn't be doing this marriage if you didn't have family. And I get you want to take care of them, but sometimes you do need to take care of yourself. After all you started working at 14 and never stopped. I know I sound over protective but that's only because I care about you and your well being. How are you supposed to take care of your family if you never think to take care of yourself at all?"
"I don't need any therapy. I'm fine. I'm great. And I do take care of myself. I make sure I'm happy with jobs I do, that I eat, and that I get a good education. I take care of myself. But if my family isn't taken care of, why should I bother living? If I don't have my family I have nothing!" Even as I said these things, part of me agreed with him and Jason. As much as I didn't want to admit it, I didn't take care of myself as much as I should. I always put my priorities last.
"Yes you do. I know you don't want to believe it but you do. You just said that you would kill yourself if you lost your family. And I get why you would say that, but that isn't why you really need it. I've seen you put yourself through more than you can handle. I know you do everything for your family. I know you would die if it meant your sister's safety. Please just do it Cara. Please. It would make everything better. I promise. And I will pay for it. As long as it means you're safe." I looked in his eyes. When he said that, I felt something surge inside of me. The hope that he cared for me. Possibly loved me.
But as much as I thought that, my mind stayed on the fact that he called me Cara. The nickname I had had for years. The nickname that people only close to me called me by. People like Jason and my family.
"Did you just call me Cara?" I asked subconsciously. There was a teasing smile threatening to come out, but I kept it in.
"Maybe I did, maybe I didn't." He said stepping a little closer. I followed in suite.
"Say it again." My smile came out. He again stepped slower to me.
"Kiss me Cara." My name rolled off his tongue in a gorgeous manner. I stood on my tiptoes trying to reach him. Alex bent his hand and his lips met mine. At first, the kiss was simple. And then just like that, it became rough. Alex pinned me against the wall, one hand in my hair, and the other on the wall by my head. His kisses were rough and I returned them with the same passion. The hand in the wall came to my leg right below the hem at the bottom of my dress, I was still in my work attire. It began to move upward and slid under my dress and it rose up. I moaned in the kiss with pleasure.
     "Tell me to stop Cara. Or else I won't be able to." He said in between kisses. I couldn't. I was entranced and under is spell. "Tell me to stop." He insisted.
     "Don't." Was all I said. And that got him. He picked me up and I wrapped my legs around his torso. He brought me to a room and he slammed the door shut. Alex layed me gently down on the bed. He moved away but only slightly. Just enough to look me in the eyes.
     "Last chance. Because once I start, I don't stop until I finish." I though for 5 seconds. Did I want this? Yes. I did. Maybe it would never last but I just wanted to pretend.
     "Do it baby." And that was all he needed. He brought his mouth forcefully to mine and his hands moved to go behind my back. I lifted myself to him do he had an easier time. His hands found the zipper and he yanked it down. He brought the dress down and I helped kick it off. Now I was only in a bra and underwear.
   I clumsily tried to unbutton his shirt but I could only get three done before he moved away slightly, tore it off, and came down to my lips again. I ran my hands down his toned chest. He moaned loudly in our kiss. He began moving his mouth downward and connected his mouth to my neck. He began sucking on my neck most likely leaving a mark or two behind. He moved farther down tore my bra off. As he did, I unbuckled his belt and took off his pants.
   The rest of that night was full of blissful love making. I don't know how many times but it was enough to make me want to stay with him. To be his real wife, but once it stopped, I remembered why I was here, and who he was, this would never become a reality. He would always be a playboy and never learn to love. Not after the girl who broke his heart.

Time Skip
Alex's P.O.V.

   I woke up my sun glinting in the room. I lifted my head and looked around the room. Then I felt something on my chest. I looked down and saw Caroline lying on the bed next to me and partly on top of me. Our legs were tangled together bringing back memories of last night. The conforter was nowhere to be seen. Oops. One of my arms was under her and holding her close to me. I moved my hand up and down her smooth back loving the feeling of her body so close to mine with nothing in between.
   That night was amazing. Not only did I have sex with her, but it was truly an eye opener. During that night I realized that I love the woman next to me. I realized that this time, it wasn't lust. And that she was the one for me. She was kind, sweet, gentle, caring, and always took care of other people. Yes, she needed to actually learn to take care of herself, but still. She was amazing in every way. And she was beautiful.
   Caroline began to stir and I made a shh sound. She looked so peaceful. For once she wasn't frowning, or crying, or looking tired. Just at peace. Like a huge weight was lifted from her shoulders. But it wasn't. She was still carrying the weight of her family's needs. She was still carrying the weight of pleasing everyone around her while she continued to suffer. Her eyes slowly opened and saw me staring. Call me creepy but she was amazing enough for me to lose all of my pride.
     "Hi." She croaked out. Her voice showed how tired she was.
     "Hey. You ok?" I asked her, sorry filling my thoughts.
     "Yeah of course. Just sore." She stressed out the word sore. I went crimson. "So you can blush! I was beginning to have my doubts."
     "Shut up." I mumbled. Caroline chuckled. "I was thinking. We still have to make the public believe we are actually in love. So I thought we could go out to eat." Caroline's smile faltered only for a second I thought I'd imagined it.
     "I'd like that. But can I just work in bed? I don't think I'll be able to walk." Her teasing smile was contagious, that I smiled back.
     "You and me both. I'll get your work. And you a t-shirt." I sat up and slid my shirt on and my boxers. I walked to my closet and found a simple shirt for her to wear. I tossed it over and she caught it with one hand while her other hand clutched the sheet to her chest. She mumbled and thank you and I left the room to grab our work stuff. Suddenly my phone rang. It was my dad. "Hey dad." I said.
     "Hello son. I was calling to see if you secured the deal with the Italians." I smiled widely.
     "I did. Took forever, but I did. I swear they are so demanding sometimes." I heard my father chuckle from the other end. He took a breath before continuing.
     "That's awesome. Well, you passed." Confusion filled my features.
     "Passed what?"
     "The test in becoming owner. Have fun, but make sure the company stays stable." And he hung up. It took a minute before I realized what he meant. I was CEO!
     "Woohoo!" I shouted with glee. I grabbed Caroline's and my work stuff before walking back to the room. She was waiting on the bed looking at her nails.
     "Now why are you so happy? I heard you scream from here." Her smile was wide and adorable.
     "My dad gave me the company. I'm finally officially the CEO." I whispered once I was back in the bed. Then Caroline did the unexpected. She grabbed my shirt and brought my lips to hers. I kissed her hungrily and knotted my hand in her hair while my other hand support myself. She moved away and released her grip on my shirt.
     "Just for good luck on your company." She explained.
     "Thank you." I whispered, breathlessly.
     "For what?" She cocked her head to one side.
     "For agreeing to this. Without you I wouldn't have the company. The Italians would not have agreed on the deal. You made that happen." She smiled.
     "I'm glad I could be part of it."
   The rest of the morning we worked on the bed, talked, and Caroline took a nap leaning on my shoulder. As she slept I knew what I had to do. The dinner really wasn't for the public's benefit. It would be my proposal. My real one.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. While it was my firs time writing this kind of stuff and a little awkward for me, a 13 year old, to write, I still enjoyed it. One thing to know about me is that I love romance. I'm a hopeless romantic and love romance novels. However I don't want a boyfriend. Or any romance in my life. Weird right? Anyway I'll type soon. See you.
~Marissa-Meyer-Fan 🤓