Chapter 2

Caroline's P.O.V.

My alarm went off bright and early. I groaned and rolled over in my bed, totally forgetting it was a twin bed. I toppled onto the floor and rubbed my, now sore, butt. Wake up call my ass. I stood up and shut off my alarm. I then went to my drawers and pulled out a dress. Being poor, I didn't have any fancy clothing. To be honest this dress was the only dress I had. Everything else was leggings and jeans. I quickly stripped and got in the shower.
I got out quickly and put on my dress. I didn't have heels so I slid on some neutral flats. The outfit seemed more appropriate than leggings or jeans, but I hope they'd let me in the building. After all, I'm positive they wear Gucci in that building.
My Dress:

   I grabbed my phone and key and left my house

I grabbed my phone and key and left my house. No one was awake yet, but they knew that I was going to the job interview. I drove to the office building, and thankfully I arrived there with no incident. That was one of my biggest fears. Getting a ticket or getting in an accident. I didn't have any insurance, I couldn't afford it really, and if I had it, then the price would go up. Not on my ideal list.
I parked my car and looked around the lot. You could tell that my car was the worst among all of them. I saw Lamborghinis, BMWs, Porsches, and a lot of other nice cars. Mine was an old model Honda. Definitely would need to get a new car if I got the job. I entered the building and saw a woman at the front desk. She was wearing some skimpy outfit, but it had an appropriate look to it. Any shorter, she might have been kicked out.
"Excuse me. Miss? I am here for a job interview with Mr. Wilson. Do you where I should go?" I asked the woman leaning on the desk. She looked up at me with disgust. Obviously she wasn't happy to see me.
"Why do you think anyone would let you up there? I saw your car and almost fainted. Your outfit isn't any better. I'm surprised the guards haven't picked you up and taken you outside yet." That made my blood boil, but I held my anger down.
"I'm sorry you think that. I don't have a lot of money on me right now. That is precisely why I need this job. Could you tell where I must go?" The woman rolled her eyes.
"Fourth floor. Second door on your right." Then she continued working. I didn't trust her so I went to find another person to help me. I then saw an older looking woman who seemed like she could help me.
"Excuse me Miss. I'm sorry to bother you, but I need to get to my job interview with Mr. Wilson. Do you think you could tell me the way there?" I asked her. This woman smiled at me and told me the directions.
"Of course dear. It is on the eighth floor and as soon as you step out you'll see a door that says Boss, in big letters." I thanked the woman, but my mind was not on her or the job. It was the fact that this place had eight or more floors. My home had one and no basement! I entered the elevator and it took me to the eighth floor. I stepped out and just as the woman said, a door had Boss on it in big letters. I knocked on the door twice.
"Come in!" A voice called. It was a dark and manly voice. I opened the door and saw a man sitting at the desk, with papers everywhere. "Who are you?" He asked looking up at me. He was definitely Alexander Wilson. I'd recognize his face anywhere. They were all over the tabloids after all.
"I'm here for the job interview. I sent you my résumé yesterday. Did you not receive it?" Alexander's brow furrowed but he looked through his computer. Suddenly his eyes lit up. He pushed some papers aside and gestured for me to sit,
"I'm so sorry Ms. Rodgers. I've been very busy, and I haven't thought much about the interviews. Ever since my old PA retired I have had to manage everything. Not that I don't know how. Just adds more to my plate."
"No don't apologize. I know exactly what you mean." I told him.
"Ok. Now your résumé says you started working at age 14."
"Yes sir. My family was struggling immensely and extra money was a blessing." Alexander nodded his head, but confusion was in his eyes.
"Could tell me about your background?" He asked me. I sucked in a breath, but answered the question.
"My mom got pregnant with me at 17 and her parents kicked her out of the house. My dad was 18 and had his own apartment, so my mom moved in with him. 12 years later my mom died. She died while giving birth to my little sister, Veronica. I was 12 and had been going to public school. We didn't have money for any private school. Then after 2 years passed, my father died in a car accident. My dad's dad came since my sister and I couldn't live alone. He and I worked and then he became ill. He had to stop working so I took over. I graduated high school and got a scholarship for college. I didn't get a full one, but the college was surprisingly cheap so I was able to pay for it."
"I see. That's very impressive. You seem to have never been in a car accident. That's what your records say. What are your living conditions today?"
"I'm very poor. My family has a one story home with almost nothing. We don't even have a TV or a laptop. Just my phone and really old car. My sister is going to a public school and I work several jobs to keep my family afloat."
"I can't see any reason not to hire you. However there is one problem. Your wardrobe."
"I don't have any nice clothing. I've never been able to afford it." I told him.
"I figured. I'll have someone send you some clothes. Your personal records have your measurements so that won't be a problem. Thank you for applying. You start tomorrow at 5. Don't be late."
"Oh thank you so much Mr. Wilson. I am positive you won't be disappointed." I quickly left the building, and it took all of my effort to not give the front desk girl a glare. Oh how I wished I could laugh in her face saying I got the job. I got in my car and drove home. I entered my house with a big smile on my face. I didn't realize how long the interview took. It was already 3 and Veronica was home. "Hey sis! You got homework?"
"No! The teachers finally got some brains. But Kyle is still a jerk. Today he knocked me over spilling my lunch so I had to eat Samantha's chips. Now I'm starving." She complained. I felt bad for my sister, but I was very empathetic, knowing what it was like.
"I'm sorry V. But I have good news. I got the job. Someone is coming over to bring me clothes for work since their dress code is super strict. And the job pays really well too!" I squealed excitedly. Finally we had good luck!
"Congrats Cara! Maybe I'll be able to tell Kyle off. Apparently his dad works at a restaurant. Now you are working for a multi billionaire! How awesome is that?!"
"Did I hear you got the job?" My sister and turned around and saw our grandfather smiling while his arms were crossed. I laughed and went to hug him.
"You did. Now who wants a special dinner? Called pizza!"

That's it for this chapter! I don't know why, but this story is probably one of my favorite to write! Anyway I'll see you all in the next chapter!

~Marissa-Meyer-Fan 😀