Chapter 3

Caroline's P.O.V.

A knock sounded and the door and I fell off my bed again. Ok once I get the money I'm getting a bigger bed. I groaned and stood up. I ran a hand through my hair, which thankfully, did not have any major knots. That was the good thing about my hair. It didn't tangle a lot. I shook my head and went to the door. I opened it up and there stood a man holding several bags on hangers.
"Is this the Rodgers household?" The man asked.
"Yes. It is. How may I help you?"
"I have outfits and shoes requested by Alexander Wilson to be given to Caroline Rodgers." I felt happy all of a sudden and saw a ton of boxes at his feet. Probably the shoes and maybe some jewelry, depending on what Alexander wanted me to wear.
"That's me. Thank you so much, Mr...." I let the question hang in the air.
"Evans. My name is Chris Evans. And here you go Ms. Rodgers." I thanked him once more and brought everything in my home. I brought it all to my room and set it on my bed. I chose an outfit and shoes along with some jewelry. I changed into the dress and slid on all the accessories.
My Outfit:

   Fortunately I had the luxury of buying cheap makeup

Fortunately I had the luxury of buying cheap makeup. It wasn't expensive or nice by any means, but it did make me look better and covered up any flaws. I looked in the mirror and smiled. All I had to do was my hair. Now I only had 2 brushes, one was really old, and some bobby pins and hair ties.
I'm the end I just tied my hair up in a neat-ish bun. It was nice, but still a tiny bit messy. I looked at myself for a final time and smiled. I looked good. I grabbed my old phone and got in my car and drove away from home to the office. I arrived shortly and made my way to Alexander's office. I remembered how to get there, and once I did, I knocked lightly on the door. I heard him tell me to come in and I opened up.
"Caroline? Didn't I say to be here at 5?" He asked me, obviously surprised I was here early.
"It's only 5 of. Besides, most of my time spent here today will be figuring out where everything is and learning my way around. I'd like to get a good head start." Alexander nodded his head.
"Well then, follow me." I followed Mr. Wilson through a door connected to his office. It was a smaller office, but still a good size. I saw several filing cabinets, a laptop, a phone, a desk, a desk chair, chairs on the opposite side of the desk, and other drawers and cabinets.
My Office:

(Imagine there are filing cabinets and other drawers)

"Wow. It's big. And very nice." I stated in awe. I have never been in an office as nice as this. Actually I haven't been anywhere as nice as this whole building. Even the bathrooms are amazing as hell!
"It's not much. But this is where you'll work."
"Why not in a cubicle like your other employees?" I asked him.
"Because you're my PA. You need to be right next door to get instructions quickly. And you have a higher position. So you get better things." I nodded my head slowly.
"What's the password to the laptop?" I asked.
"Just the word password. You may change it, of course. Now your first assignment is to organize my schedule, and file all of my papers. They will go in your filing cabinets." Then he was gone. My eyebrows rose, but I ignored it. I quickly got into the laptop and changed the password. I learned of what he had to do and quickly organized his schedule. No wonder he was rich! He wouldn't get home until 11:30 and have to come back to work at 4!
Cleaning up has schedule took forever. He had meetings popping up everywhere and phone calls every hour. Ok maybe not that much, but you know what I mean. He had a lot going on. I wonder of he ever took a vacation. Finally I was finished. I swear I don't know how he does it.
Next came his papers. In my opinion, filing sucks. I've always hated it, but right now I didn't care. I found all of his papers on the laptop he had sent me and quickly printed them all. I had a printer in the room which was good. I organized all the papers into groups and put them in separate drawers of the filing cabinet. By 12:30 I was finished. Suddenly I heard a noise from my laptop.
I walked over to it and found a message. I clicked it open. There was my schedule. My lunch break was 30 minutes ago. Right then I heard my stomach growl. Looks like I missed lunch. I sighed and shut the laptop. Of all times, they told me my lunch break right after it ended. I groaned annoyed, but brushed the feeling of hunger down.
"You're fired!" I heard a shout coming from Mr. Wilson's room. It was Alexander.
"But sir, I can explain," cried a girl.
"I don't need your excuses! I do not need you acting like a bitch to possible new workers! 𝑶𝑼𝑻 !!!" I instantly felt bad for the girl, but then I remembered her voice. It was the rude woman at the front desk! I was shocked, but I kept quiet so Alexander would not hear me. I waited 5 minutes before knocking on his door. "Come in." He called out in a tired manner.
I opened the door and stepped in. Alexander's jacket was rumpled, his eyes tired, and his hair was a mess. Yikes. Maybe he needs a vacation,
"Caroline? What is it you need?"
"Not much. Just another assignment." Suddenly Alexander seemed much more awake.
"You already finished everything?" I nodded my head. "Damn. Well, I can't think of anything else at the moment."
"What about someone to replace the girl who you just fired. Front desk right?" I asked leaning slightly against the door frame.
"How did you know? Were you eavesdropping?" He sounded angry now.
"No sir. You were shouting. It would have been a challenge not to hear you. And I know it was the front desk lady because I remembered her voice." Alexander nodded understanding.
"Nice deduction. I guess you could find someone to replace her. All I need for the front desk is a well mannered person, and someone who went to college. They have to be able to stay on task when given one. Once you find someone, pull up their personal records and check them off as someone who could potentially do it." I nodded curtly, and walked back to my office. I got to work.

Time Skip

I looked at the clock and saw that it was 11. I sighed and shut my laptop. I put it in the case and made sure the case was nicely zipped up. I made sure all of the cabinets were locked and turned off the lights. As I was opening the door to my office Alexander stepped in.
"Leaving already?" He asked me.
"Um yes sir. I wasn't sure if I should tell you, and I didn't want to disturb you. Looking at your schedule, you will be leaving in 30 minutes." I told him.
"Next time tell me when you leave. Are you bringing your laptop with you?" He asked me, eyeing the case.
"Um yes. I thought I could finish up at home. I just wanted to leave so I could see my sister. I didn't get to see her in the morning." Alexander nodded.
"Ok, well I'll let you leave. Good job today." I smiled and left. I made my way to my car. I stuffed my belongings in the passenger seat before getting settled in the driver's seat. I started the car and made my way home. As I pulled up the driveway I grabbed my stuff and walked inside. The lights were off and everyone was asleep. I put my stuff down and walked to my sister's room. I opened her door and crept in. I saw Veronica sleeping soundly. I kissed her forehead and left the room. I turned the light on and took my laptop out.
By the time it was 12, I was finished. I stretched and made my way to my bedroom. I got out of the dress, and I got ready for bed. I got in bed and as soon as my head landed on the pillow I was fast asleep. Maybe working for Alexander Wilson wouldn't be so bad. Boy was I wrong!

Thank you for reading this chapter. I will update soon. Thanks again and don't forget to comment and vote! See ya!
~Mᴀʀɪss-Mᴇʏᴇʀ-Fᴀɴ😉