Chapter 14

Alex's P.O.V.

     "Here you go Mr. Wilson," Caroline said handing me the files I'd asked for.
"I thought we were past Mr. Wilson. Aren't we closer than that?" I asked her standing up. Caroline looked at the ground and twiddled her thumbs.
"Sorry sir. It's just when I'm an office, I prefer to be professional. Just makes life easier for me." I nodded, but still didn't understand. Ever since I kissed Caroline, she hasn't left my thoughts. Her soft lips, her small curvy frame, her gorgeous smile. Everything about her was beautiful. And when I'm around her, I feel something. Something I've never felt when I've kissed a girl. Not since Britney. The girl I once thought I'd loved. But I wasn't in love. It didn't exist. Thinking it did only got you heartbroken. "I'll go organize some of your meetings." She quickly bolted out of the room. Then my other door opened revealing my old friend.
"Lucas! Good to see you." I called out happily. I stood up and shook his hand.
"Good to see you too Alex. Now who was that lovely lady you were just talking to? Another fling I suppose." Lucas was British and had several women come and knock at his door. He was a player like me, but he did want to settle down at some point.
"Watch it Lucas. That is my wife. And PA," I told him. Lucas gasped loudly.
"Hold on. Did my best friend, Alexander Wilson, just say he was married? Oh lord the world is ending!" He screamed, his accent making it funnier.
"I do hope you know that the walls aren't sound proof." A voice said firmly. We both turned. Caroline stood, leaning against the door way, arms crossed, and a firm look planted on her face. I gulped.
"My! Is this the gorgeous woman you married? She sounds and looks like a dream. The only thing she needs is to remove that frown." Caroline scowled.
"Lucas please. We do not need the whole world to hear your voice. And this woman has a name."
"You don't say. And what might this name be?" Caroline asked, sarcasm and annoyance in her tone.
"Feisty isn't she?" Caroline balled her hands into fists. She wasn't having any of Lucas's charms. And I am positive she's the first.
"You sure we can't kick him out. Or throw him out the window?" She asked me. Her voice was serious.
"Lucas this is Caroline. We are in an arranged marriage because the Italians will only seal the deal if I have a wife. I believe you only have 4 more months." I told Caroline the last part and something in her changed. She suddenly smiled. So much for liking her. "Caroline this is Lucas. My old friend from high school and no we aren't throwing him out the window nor kicking him out. You'll be fine." Caroline rolled her eyes.
"Fine. But he could lose some of his...flirtatious manner." Lucas started laughing and I tried my best to hide a smile that was forming. But Caroline didn't seem to be annoyed. Just simply tired.
"Damn Alex. This is the best woman you've fucked so far!" My cheeks went crimson. Caroline shut her mouth. "What did I miss?" He asked confused.
"We didn't have sex. This marriage was arranged. Pure and simple." You could tell Caroline over exaggerated the word pure.
"You will soon. Trust me. Alex hasn't let go of any woman without sleeping with them. Anyway I'll tell you the real reason I'm here. I need your help." He said painting at me. "So can the lady leave?" He added self consciously.
"Oh for the love of-," Caroline started.
"She stays." I cut her off. "Now what is it you need?"
"So you know, I've been with this girl for awhile. Like longer than any other girl I've been with. Her name is Ashley. I'm not sure what to do."
"And why would you be asking him? It's not like he knows the feeling." I looked at the ground chuckling. "No offense." She quickly added.
"Ok Mis I Know Everything. Who should I ask?" Lucas was getting angry. My cue to leave the room. "And don't you dare move Alexander!" Lucas shouted. I groaned.
"Your parents maybe. Or do you have a friend that actually knows the feeling. Just not a man that just does one night stands all the time. Those people are the worst to ask for love advice. Especially when the man doesn't believe in love."
"Fine I'll do that. You know Alex, maybe this marriage might actually last. I mean she's smart. Nice. And gives good advice. But I think her body really sells it. None of the other stuff really matters. At least in my opinion. What do you think? I mean I would marry a girl with that body." Glass slammed against the wall right behind Lucas. I looked over at Caroline, shocked. Her cheeks were red with anger, and her eyes blazed. The thing she'd thrown was a simple glass cup she'd been using.
"Get out." She told him firmly. "And don't you dare talk to me again." Caroline stormed back into her office and slammed the door shut.
"What did I say?" I rubbed my temple.
"Oh god."