Chapter 26: New Perspective

The next few months pass so fast. I haven't been well - infact, I haven't even been attending school. Oli's death still weighs heavily on my mind. Today I plan on spending the day with Frank and my brothers, since Gerard has recently been discharged.

"Hayley, do you want some coffee?" Mikey asks and I nod. "Hey, I want some coffee too!" Gerard shouts at Mikey and I giggle. I haven't seen them like this in a very long time. Me, Mikey and Gerard used to be inseparable, like the three musketeers. Age tore us apart. Especially since Mikey ran off to be a popular kid while me and Gerard were left to be the creepy little emo kids that sit at the back and wish they were anywhere but here. I wish I had stuck closer to my brothers, who knows what will happen in six months when we graduate. I feel like most of my school life has been overly dramatic.

Just to give myself more to worry about - me and Frank haven't been as close as be used to be. This is most likely down to the whole Oli thing and I don't like that. Not at all. I love Frank. Me without him would be like a rose without petals, a piano without keys, a heart without a beat.

I grab my phone out of my pocket and press down on the power button, forcing it back into life. As soon as it is on, Franks name pops up on my screen. I answer it. "Fuck. Hayley, I've been trying to talk to you for the past hour!" he sighs "Frank? What's up?" "I need you to meet me somewhere. Don't ask questions, be here in 5." and before I can say anything, he hangs up. A few seconds later, I get a text message from Frank with an address on it. "Hayley, what was that?" Gerard asks and I shrug. "I really have no idea. I need to go and meet Frank somewhere, I'll be back in a minute." I say, grabbing my coat and putting on my shoes so I can run out of the door.

5 minutes later and I'm at the destination that Frank told me to meet him in. It is mid-November, so I'm not entirely impressed with Frank for making me come out at such short notice. "Boo." I hear a very familiar voice say from behind me and I turn around to see Frank grinning at me. "Hi, babe." he says and wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me closer until our lips join. "Umm, Frank?" I say and he gasps, clearly remembering something. Oh lord. "Hayley, come with me. Oh and put this over your eyes." he grabs a scarf from inside of his pocket and wraps it around my face. Now I'm really starting to worry. He links arms with me and carefully leads me up a staircase. "Frank... What are you doing?" I ask "Shh, you'll see.". Suddenly, we stop and Frank releases my arm and begins to take off my coat. When it's off, I feel an unexpected warmth around me, something that was very welcome at this time of year. "Ready?" he asks and I nod. He lifts off the blindfold and I look at my surroundings and gasp. We are in (what I assume to be) a studio apartment. The walls painted a chocolate colour with hints of creme around the sides. I walk past a kitchen area to see a big, double bed that matches the creme colour, with some pink-blossomed plants on the bedside table. The entire room was lined with white fairy lights, and the brown, wooden floor near the bed, covered with the pink blossoms that grew proudly on the plants.

"Oh my god, Frank!" I say, realising that this is the house that I painted once. He made it real, for me. "Do you like it?" he grins and picks me up, joining our lips together once again. "Yes, Frank. Wow...I...wow..." I stutter. He puts me down and kneels in front of me. Oh fuck. "Hayley Rose Way.." Oh fuck. "... I've been in love with you from the moment I met you..." No, no, no, no. "Will you..." this can't be happening..."Marry me?" he pulls a small, navy-blue box out from his pocket and opens it, revealing a small, silver ring with a big, opal shaped diamond on the front.

There have been three moments in my life when I swore my heart skipped a beat. The first: when my first love, at age 11, held my hand. The second: when I met Oli. And most importantly, the third: when Mr Frank Iero proposed to me.

"Oh, and the apartment is ou-" "Shut up and kiss your fiancée."