Chapter 25: Words I Thought I'd Never Speak

-Olivers POV-

I slowly move my head to gaze up at the beautiful girl who just stormed into my hospital room. Every movement hurts but they're all worth it for her. Her eyes that I can only describe as sorrowful, stare intensely at me as if to ask 'Why?'. The girl who I love. The girl who once loved me. All she does is stare. I feel like I'm once again caught in her spell. The spell that everyone falls for. Hair as crimson as the falling autumn leaves from the trees outside of my window. Some time has passed but neither of us can find the words to say. She breaks the stillness and walks towards me, wrapping her shaking arms around my neck. It hurts but I deserve nothing more than pain from her. I feel death slowly approaching me. I need to say what I can before its over.

-Hayleys POV-

Oli opens his mouth like he's searching for words. He looks like a ghost, pale as the winter snow. He begins to speak. "Hayley, I'm sorry for what I did. I never meant to hurt you or Frank. To be honest I don't even know what I was thinking." He pauses and begins to cough. Blood comes out of his mouth but he ignores it and continues his speech. "Letting you go was one of the biggest mistakes I ever made but I can see how happy you are when you're around Frank and that reassures me that I did the right thing. I hope only for the best for you two. I'm going to die soon, Hayley. I know this..." Tears begin to stream down my face. This is too much. "I love you. You will always be the only girl I ever loved." He points towards the pile of clothes on the chair. "Can you pass me the jacket, please?" He asks and I nod. Getting up and grabbing the jacket. I pass it to him and he forces a smile. "Thank you." He reaches into the pocket and pulls out a small black box.

-Olivers flashback-

Its Saturday evening and I'm making my way to Hayley's house. I'm going to propose to her today.

We've been together for a long time and I want to give her this ring so we can get married on her 17th birthday. I know we're still young but I love her and I want to spend the rest of my life with her.

I knock on her door and her father answers it. "Hey, Oli. Um... Now really isn't a good time..." He says to me and I frown. "Please, Mr Way. I really need to talk to her." I beg and he sighs, opening the door for me. I walk in and see Hayley, her brothers and her mother sitting in the living room. My smile drops when I see the amount of black makeup running down Hayleys face and her puffy eyes. She stares at me and runs towards me, hugging me tightly. We go up to her bedroom and sit on her bed. "Oli.." She says "They're sending us away." I gasp "What do you mean?" I ask, hoping that it doesn't mean what I think it does. "We are all moving away to a different part of the country..." Tears form in my eyes... I'm losing her. "But what about us?.." "Its over, Oli... Its not going to work..." She says and I begin to panic "But..." "I'm sorry, Oli... I don't want us to end but there's nothing we can do..."

A few days later they left... All I have left is a stupid ring and a broken heart...

-Back to normal (Hayley)-

I frown at the thought of what is about to come. "Hayley, I was going to propose to you. That is why I came over that day." I freeze. This cant be happening. Oli was going to propose to me? He hands me the box and I open it to see the beautiful white gold ring with three blue stones in the center.

*beep beep*

"Oh, Oli. This is beautiful..."

*beep...beep...*

"I'm so sorry..."

*beeeeeep.........*

"Oli..? OLI?!"

_____________________________

AUTHORS NOTE

I'm sorry this took so long to write, I've been dealing with mental shit recently and I didn't feel like writing a sad scene. Yes, Oli is dead. That beep thing was the heart monitor in hospitals. I killed Oli off because I felt he was getting in the way of Hayley and Frank... I will try and update more. Thanks for 600+ reads! :D

Evelina xo