Chapter 24: Goodnight, Dr Death

"Hayley, I really didn't want to kill him. You know how much I love Oli. He is better off dead where you cant reach him. I'll be with him soon. You however, will be going to hell." Meledy smirks at me and I frown. She is crazy. "Meledy. You just killed the man you did all of this for..." I say. I'm trying to figure it out myself. "No, no no no, Hayley. You killed the man I did all of this for. I killed a man who was so in love with you that he would join me to hurt others. My Oli would never do that. My Oli was kind. You killed him. Yes!" Meledy screams at me and laughs crudely. How did this happen to her?..

- Meledy's diary -

Dear diary

My name is Meledy Hannah Benton. I am 15 years old and I was born on the 31st of October. I am short, thin and I have long, black hair and blue eyes. I have been diagnosed with depression, ADHD and anxiety. I truly fucked myself up. My mother died when I was 3 and ever since, my father has had drinking problems and sometimes he takes his anger out on me. Recently I have found someone who understands me. His name is Oliver. He is amazing. Unfortunately he has a girlfriend called Hayley Rose Way. I hate her. She doesn't get him like I do. Everything I do is for Oli. I love him. One day he will be mine.

Diary entry 16

Dear diary

Today, Hayley left the school. Oliver is very depressed, maybe he'll come to me now...

Diary entry 24

Dear diary

Today has been awful. I found our why Oli hasn't been at school for a while. He is in hospital. He tried to kill himself. This is all Hayley's fault. I will kill her. She ruined my precious Oli. Evil bitch. I'm going to track her down and ruin her like she did to Oli.

- Back to normal -

I look away from Meledy for a minute and scan the floor with my eyes. I spot the baseball bat next to Oli's body and decide its time to fight back.

I take my ring off my finger and carefully throw it without anyone else seeing. David moves in the direction that the ring landed and I take this opportunity to grab the baseball bat and hit Meledy on her legs with it. She falls down and I grab the gun as it falls out of her hand. David turns around and begins to run back towards us bit before he can I pull the trigger without thinking, sending a bullet through his head. Meledy giggles. "Now who's the murderer?" She hisses at me and I lose it. I turn and wrap my hands around her neck. "You can shut the fuck up. When will you realise what you've done?! You killed Oli!..." I put the gun against her head. "What the fuck is wrong with you?!" I scream at her and just as I'm about to pull the trigger I feel someone's hand on my shoulder. I turn around to see Frank smiling at me. "Its okay, Hayley. Don't kill her. Andy called the police and they will be here soon. Lets go." I smile at him and remove my hands from Meledy's neck. She frowns. "Just kill me, Hayley." Meledy whispers to me as I get up. I shake my head at her as Frank walks over to Oli and we leave.

Outside of the building, Pete and Andy are standing next to the cars. Andy gasps when he sees Oli. "What...what happened?" He asks "Meledy...she killed him." I manage to say just before I burst into tears. Andy hugs me as Pete and Frank put Oli in the back of Franks car. "Where are you taking him?" I say and Andy strokes my hair. "I'll take him to the hospital. Just incase..." Frank says and I nod. I don't want to hear anymore.

Andy and I drive back to school and run up to Meledy's room where we find Mikey sitting in the corner. "Mikes?" I say and he turns around. He looks terrified. "Hayley. What happened?" Mikey asks and I take him to me and Franks room where I tell him about Oli.

An hour or so later, Frank comes home. "Hayley, I have some good news and bad news." He says. Oh god. "What?" I ask. "The good news is... Oli is alive..." He tells me and tears fill my eyes. "Oh thank goodness...bad news?" I prepare myself for the bad news, but not enough...

"He only has a few more hours to live..."

*To be continued*