Chapter 2: The Roommate

The first day flew by and it was time to be sorted into our dorms with our roommates. Another thing to add to the list of things I hate about this school - you don't get to choose who you go with, this will be fun. I have no friends at this school yet so I'm gonna end up with someone I hate anyway, even if I get put with Gerard or Mikey. I had been dreading this all day. We were summoned to the hall and the head teacher walked up to the stage and stood behind the stand that was already up there waiting for him with a stack of paper that I can only assume was the list of names and rooms.

It took about an hour for him to get to the floor 4 rooms, and once he got to room 160 I knew it was coming. "Room 160: Cho Kyuhyun and Poppy Iero. Room 161: Gerard Way and Andy Biersack. Room 162: Meledy Benton and David Torres. Room 163: Mikey Way and Pete Wentz. Room 164: Hayley Way and Frank Iero." What... Frank?!

20 minutes later, the meeting was over and we could head to our rooms. Me, Gerard and Mikey all walked out of the hall together where we ran into Frank. "So, uh, Hayley. We get to share a room." "Apparently so." me and Frank speak briefly on the way over to the dorm, everyone else is quiet, I can tell not many people are happy about who they've been put with, neither am I to be perfectly honest.

When we eventually get to room 164 Frank uses his key to open the door, revealing a plain, boring, creme room with one bed at each side of the room. Next to the beds are side tables with draws in the front, I'll probably use that for books. At the end of the room is a massive window with a balcony, lined with potted plants that I'm guessing we have to look after ourselves. Mom always said I was good at stuff like that so I should be fine, Frank on the other hand..."Nice room" he speaks, interrupting my train of thought. We both hear laughing from behind us and turn around to see a girl and a boy kissing and laughing, they stop when they see us, or maybe just Frank. "Oh, hey bro!" the girl shouts at Frank. Wait, bro? "Poppy. I'm guessing this is Kyuhyun?" Frank replies to the girl "It's nice to meet you Mr Iero!" the boy grins at Frank and then they walk away, Frank sighs. "Sorry, that's my sister, Poppy and her very, oh how do I put this, loving boyfriend, Kyuhyun." he apologises for the girl "Oh I see, they sound lovely" I giggle and Frank laughs "Aha, yeah I guess you could say that."

We close the door and choose our beds, placing our bags down on top of them. "I have band practice later so Ray and your brothers will be coming to get me." "Oh okay that's fine, I'm going to go food shopping while you're out, since we're off school times, do you need anything?" I ask politely, I might as well get him some stuff while I'm out. He gives me $30 out of his pocket "Yeah, I don't think I'll have time to get this stuff, if you don't mind?" he also passes me a list with some ordinary food on it "Oh, okay that's fine." he walks into the bathroom and closes the door. It'll be good for me to go outside, there's some stuff I need to get my head around. I still can't believe I've been put in a room with Frank Iero, the man I've always disliked from my brothers band.