The Accident

Jade's POV~

I wrapped my arms around my husband's neck as he came down from his climax, he kissed my neck and just kept his head there until I felt my legs cramping. It was after hours and we were supposed to be finishing up for the day when I caught a glimpse of Ashton with his sleeves rolled up and his hair disheveled. He was frustrated and I was horny so I did what any good wife would do; helped him relieve the stress by having sex at his desk. It was one of my fantasies, but it wasn't easy eight months pregnant. I looked down at him and kissed his cheek"we have to revisit this once the baby comes." He laughed against my neck"yet I'm the horn dog in this marriage." He pulled back to look at me and I just shrugged"can't keep my hands off what's mine, sue me." He shook his head before slowly pulling out and helping me up.

We quickly cleaned up his desk before getting back to work. He stopped me as I made my way out of his office"where are you going?" I looked at him"if I stay here, we won't get any work done so you have an hour or else I'm going home without you." I blew him a kiss as I closed the door. Sitting there, I kept getting distracted with thoughts of his birthday and my upcoming baby showers. The girls and Ashton's family were throwing me two separate showers: one with just close friends and family, the other was mixed with the bachelorette party that I never had. It meant a lot to me knowing that I had so many people who cared about my baby and I.

Once Ashton finished his work and stopped staring at me from the doorway, we went out to a late dinner. We were still getting used to not only being newlyweds, but also parents to be so I wanted to get to know him better before our little comes. He truly loves us and I've never loved anyone else like I love him. As we sat there, something felt wrong but I couldn't explain it. "Everything okay, love?" I looked around the restaurant and gave him a fake smile, not wanting him to worry"just tired, enjoy your dinner." He knew I was lying and dropped it. We finished dinner in silence and I was more than ready to go back home. I told the girls and Duke that I've had the feeling that someone was following me for a while now. I didn't say anything to Jake and Ashton because I know how they can get. I tried not to think about it, telling myself that it was my new mommy brain playing tricks on me.

*A FEW DAYS LATER*

We were leaving Sharon's house with all the gifts that we could fit in the car and leftovers. Ashton reached over to rub my belly"can't believe he's almost here." I placed my hand over his"your mom sent me some birthing videos and I'm not so sure I'm ready for that process." He laughed as we pulled up to a stop sign"I want four more kids, maybe five because I hate odd numbers." I turned to look at him in shock as we started moving"you might have to turn into a seahorse then, sir." He smiled when he felt a kick"as long as you're by my si-." Suddenly the car was hit hard from behind. Ashton tried to regain control of the wheel, but it was too late as we hit a car head on.

Ashton's POV~

I heard voices as I rubbed my head, I looked over to my side to look for Jade but she wasn't there and I started to panic. I was pushed down"sir, you need to lay back down." It wasn't until then that I noticed that I was in an ambulance"where's my wife? I need to find her." He tried to put an oxygen mask on me"she's in the ambulance in front of us so you need to let us take care of you." I nodded and laid there while he checked me out. So many thoughts were running through my mind and I just hoped that they were okay. I closed my eyes and prayed.

Once we got to the hospital, a doctor looked me over and worked to get the glass out of my head and cleaned my scratches. The airbag had hit me square in the jaw, knocking me out when we hit the other car. I called our family once I was finished and waited for news on Jade and our baby boy. My mom and sisters were the first ones to arrive, hugging me tight"what happened? You guys just left the house!" She was frantic and I just let her get the worry out of her system.

It seemed like hours went by before a doctor finally came out to give us an update. Dr. Nash looked at us"the officer on the scene told me that the airbag had hit your wife's stomach." Mom gasped, the doctor looked at her charts"luckily we didn't find any harm to mother and child besides some scratches, cuts and a fractured arm. My best bet is that your wife tried to protect her belly. She's currently sleeping, but you are more than welcome to visit her." Mom and the girls made a beeline to Jade's room while I stayed behind to talk to a detective.

I held Jade's good hand as the doctor did an ultrasound just to settle our nerves. I kissed her hand when I saw her crying"you're both okay, love." She nodded as Detective Nunes walked in with a uniformed officer"glad to see everything is okay. We just have a few questions then we'll be out of your way." I helped Jade sit up as we told them what led to that moment, but I couldn't help but notice how tense Jade was the whole time"you're hiding something from me." She turned to me"promise me that you won't get mad." I looked at her confused"I promise." We all watched her as she took a deep breath"I think someone's been following me for a couple of weeks now."

Mom turned to me in shock as we Jade continued"I just thought I was being paranoid because Ashton has been traveling a lot lately and I thought maybe he hired security without me knowing or something or maybe it was the pregnancy getting to me." She squeezed my hand"I would notice a car parked outside the building when I get to work and when I leave, it's always different and I never saw anyone. I alerted security and I told my friends just in case, but I never really put too much thought into it. If I had told Ashton or my brother, they'd never let me leave the house." She had a point"as right as you are, we had the right to know, babe. God forbid something had happened and we didn't know about any of this. Do you think it's the same people following you that did this?" She shrugged, suddenly scared.