Fights

It's been a while since I've updated and I apologize.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I left Ashton in the car as I walked inside the building, I didn't even turn around to wait for him. I ignored everyone and just went straight to my office, locking myself there with my work for the day. I should be happy being married to a great guy and two months pregnant with our first child, but I was pissed off and it was Ashton's fault. His mom called him Tuesday night and told him how his ex-girlfriend was back in town and wanted to see him. Not only did they see each other, but Ashton lied to me and snuck behind my back to see her then he tells me that her hotel reservations got messed up, so he offered a room in our house. Yes, he bought the house, but we're married and he had signed some rights over to me just like I did with him. I do have a right on who should be staying in our home which led to a big fight, but that slut, Emily was still staying there. I flipped when I woke up this morning to find her sleeping next to Ashton in OUR bed, but he thought there was nothing wrong with it since our child will end up doing something like this in the future. I love that man, but he was so stupid and blind.

"Jade, are you coming to lunch?" I looked up to see Duke and the girls standing there. I shook my head and they sighed. "Come on, we know you're hungry and it's not good for the baby." I gave up knowing that they wouldn't leave me alone until I said yes. They smiled when I grabbed my stuff and walked out of the office. I saw Ashton walking towards me, but I just glared at him and went straight to the elevator, he followed. The ride down was quiet.

"Please talk to me, babe." I could feel them staring at me, but I just stared straight ahead. I tensed when Ashton grabbed my hand and placed something in it, I looked down to see his credit card.

"I don't need your money, Ashton; I have my own." I snapped at him.

He sighed"I know you do, but I just want to take care of my wife and child." I couldn't help but laugh at his words. I finally looked at him to see the hurt in his eyes. I rubbed my forehead and nodded. He gave me a small smile, but it was quickly wiped off once the elevator doors opened. I turned to see who it was and glared at both Ashton and Emily. I moved away from him and walked around her.

Lunch was not the same like it normally is; we're usually laughing and talking about the latest gossip, but today the air was tense. I set my fork down"that girl is Ashton's ex and ever since he allowed her to stay with us, all we've been doing is fighting."

Nora placed a hand on mine"I know it hasn't been easy, but he's in love with you, everyone can see that." I hoped she was right.

"And besides, you're far more sexier than that bitch." I laughed at Duke's words. I was grateful for my friends.

Once we finished lunch, I ordered something for Ashton knowing that he wouldn't leave his office after burying himself in his work. I hugged Alice, Nora, Casey, and Duke for caring and not running around, telling everyone about what I've told them; it's hard finding good friends. I frowned when I saw Emily in Ashton's office. She was standing behind him, rubbing his shoulders as he did some paperwork.

I walked over to the desk and dropped the bag down on the desk loudly, getting their attention. Ashton jumped and placed a hand over his chest"you scared the crap out of me, babe."

I nodded"well if you were paying attention, you wouldn't have been scared...babe." He gave me a look and I just rolled my eyes"I brought you lunch. I think I'm going home, I finished my work this morning." Emily was staring at me"can I help you?"

She flipped her hair over her shoulder"just because you two are married doesn't mean that you should be taking advantage of him. I don't even see what Ash sees in you; you're a bitch in my opinion. If it wasn't for that crappy wedding in Vegas, you wouldn't even be here right now so you should be thanking him."

I couldn't believe her. I stared at Ashton, waiting for him to say something, but he just sat there with his head down. I felt the tears well up in my eyes and walked out of the office, I didn't even bother clocking out before I left. I went home, packed some of my stuff and drove to Jake's house. I was glad that he was living here now.

I changed out of my clothes and put on sweatpants and an oversized sweatshirt before I went to play with my niece and nephews. Seth is the oldest; he's nine. Jessie is four years old and Marshall is only two and a half years old. I'm so happy that they are only twenty minutes away because I've already missed part of their childhood, but now they're here and they'll be there when their first cousin is born.

I could feel Maddy and Jake staring at me, but I just ignored them. I knew they wanted to know what happened, but I wasn't ready to talk about it and if I did, Jake would try and hunt Ashton down to find out what the hell was wrong with him. I would like to know the answer more than anyone, but I had the baby to think about.

I heard the doorbell ring and either Jake or Maddy answered it. I heard several footsteps"Jade..." I looked up to see Sharon, Ashton and Emily standing there. I made a face and turned away.

"Will you stop acting like a child and talk to your husband! My god, you're so fucking immature." I heard Emily say.

I stood up and walked over to her"you're in my brother's house, so I suggest you watch your language around my niece and nephews." I backed away and stared at Ashton"thank you for defending my honor once again, husband! God, you've changed ever since she showed up and I hate it." Tears welled up in my eyes"stupid hormones." I walked out of the living room and went to my bedroom.

I was laying on the bed when Sharon walked in with Ashton, well she was dragging him by the ear. I would have found it funny any other day, but today, I just wanted to be left alone. Sharon sat down next to me on the bed while Ashton remained standing"you two need to grow up and start acting like a married couple whose expecting their first child, but you're letting that slut ruin your marriage." She walked out.

Hearing Sharon call Emily a slut brought a smile to my face, one that Ashton saw"you need to grow up, Jade."

I rolled my eyes"you're the one that needs to grow up, Ashton. She's said some rude things about me in front of you, but you never say anything to defend me or your marriage! You let her into our home after you lied and snuck around to see her! You know I'm not a hard person to talk to, but you did all this stuff and I don't know how you expect me to react." I tried to blink back my tears"I had to leave because I really don't want to have a miscarriage because of her."

His eyes widened"oh shit, I didn't even think about that." He rushed to my side"I'm so sorry, babe. You have every right to be angry and to have left, but you can't scare me like that. I was going crazy not knowing where you were or if anything had happened to you...forgive me?" I shrugged and he sighed. I grabbed his hand and entwined our fingers together after he got in the bed with me and held me.