Hormones

Ashton's POV~

I rolled off of Jade and smiled at her as we tried to catch our breath. I pulled her closer and rubbed her bump. She was almost five months pregnant and I loved rubbing her belly, even if it got me on her bad side. I'm really excited because we find out what we're having in a week. I wanted a little girl just to spoil her rotten, but I know that I would be happy if we have a boy too.

Jade laid her head on my chest"I love you so much, Ash." She mumbled sleepily. Her hormones were all over the place and the morning sickness has been hitting her hard. I really pray that she's not one of those women who experience morning sickness throughout the whole pregnancy. I rubbed her back"I love you too, babe. Go to bed, you need it." She nodded, but she was already gone.

I woke up the next morning to retching. I got out of bed and went downstairs to get a can of ginger ale then went up to our bathroom. I put her hair in a ponytail and rubbed her back, I sat down on the floor next to her. Jade flushed the toilet and brushed her teeth before sitting down next to me, I pulled her close and handed her the drink"did you sleep well?" Jade took a sip"not really and I didn't want to keep you up again, babe." I looked down at her"it's my job and I want to, you shouldn't be going through this alone." She touched my cheek"but you have a lot on your plate with work and you haven't given me a chance to go through this alone."

I chuckled"well you have a point and I'll try to stop from hovering, keyword is try." She kissed my cheek"I appreciate you trying." We took a shower and got dressed for work, well I did. I sat on the bed and waited for Jade to finish getting dressed and from all the cursing I heard, she wasn't going to finish any time soon. Jade came out of the closet wearing a pink floral blouse, black leggings and black boots. The blouse wasn't as loose as it should've been. Jade had gained a little bit of weight but she was still sexy to me, but I could see how much it was getting to her.

I walked up behind her and kissed her neck"you look beautiful, babe. I don't care how much weight you gain, you'll always be beautiful to me." She pulled away"so you think I'm fat?!" My eyes widened"no, I didn't say that but even if you were-" she cut me off"don't! Well I'm sorry I'm not a hot piece of ass anymore, Ashton." She grabbed her stuff and stormed out, leaving me confused in my spot. I shook it off and got my stuff. Lydia met me by the front door"you screwed up, Ashton." I sighed"I was just trying to give her a compliment, but that was a mistake. I'll see you later." I kissed her on the cheek before I left.

The car ride was quiet and Jade wouldn't let me even hold her hand and once I parked the car, she got out. I took a deep breath and went inside. Jade was nowhere to be found"I just great." I muttered under my breath. I called the nearest flower shop and ordered a bouquet of flowers and a note for Jade. I was on a video conference call when Jade barged in with the flowers and tears rolling down her cheeks"oh baby, they're so beautiful." She sat down in my lap and wrapped her arms around my neck"I know you didn't call me fat and I'm sorry, you've been so sweet to me." I forgot about the call and comforted my pregnant wife"it's okay, baby. We're starting our family and I haven't thanked you. I know it's not easy for you. I love you." She grabbed a tissue and blew her nose"I look so ugly." I stroked her cheek"you're the most beautiful woman I have ever seen." She smiled at me before she kissed me.