Cuddle

Wow, I never thought this story would have as much reads that it does. I'm glad that most of you like it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jade's POV~

I stared at Ashton as he slept, he looked so at peace. He's been so stressed these past few weeks so I was glad that we didn't do anything yesterday and according to him, we're not doing anything today either. When I came home yesterday, Ashton had surprised me with a romantic dinner and we had the house to ourselves. He even made the dinner and I understand he didn't cook regularly and cooking wasn't his speciality, I appreciated it. He had made white rice with grilled chicken and steamed string beans on the side. We enjoyed it with a bottle of red wine then had I've cream sundaes for dessert. Once we finished eating, we let things progress naturally and we took things up to the bedroom. We finally took things to the next level and it was amazing.

I moved closer to him and stroked his cheek, he leaned into my touch and I smiled. I do not regret agreeing to making this marriage work, I think it's one of the best decision I've ever made. People just see him for his looks and money, but they don't know how much of a sweetheart and hard worker he is.

Arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me closer"good morning, beautiful." I looked at him and smiled, he placed a hand behind my neck and he leaned and kissed me. I smiled against his lips and deepened the kiss. I rolled over and straddled his waist and his arms wrapped around mine, he pulled me down so I was laying on top of him. Damn this man knew what he was doing. Slowly, he broke the kiss and had a goofy grin on his face"it really is a good morning."

I rolled my eyes at him"you're so stupid, baby, but good morning." I laid my head on his shoulder, our bare chests were pressed together"so, am I getting some breakfast after last night?"

He chuckled"it depends, are you gonna be a good girl?" I nodded and he smiled"well then, let's go, babe." He removed the comforter off our bodies and carried me to the bathroom to shower. We did more kissing and groping than showering. When we finished, we dried off and got dressed. He was wearing black basketball shorts and a blue muscle tee while I was wearing my old blue lacrosse shorts and a white tank top.

Since he made dinner last night, it was only fair that I made breakfast. It was great having someone to cook for, Julien always cooked. There was just something great about it, I was making breakfast for my husband and I. I made French toast, omelets, turkey bacon and freshly squeezed orange juice.

I plated the food and sat down next to him at the island. We ate in silence"this is amazing, babe." I smiled at him and we continued to eat. Once we finished, we cleaned up and watched the morning news cuddled up on the couch. "Have you spoken to your brother lately?" Ashton asked.

I lifted my head up so I was looking up at him"no, not recently, I know he's in the process of moving into their new house. I miss having my older brother around and I would love to see my niece and nephews more, but I wished he didn't just pack everything up for me." After the funeral and hearing about the marriage, Jake decided he wanted to be near me considering I was the only connection we had left to mom and dad. I want him here, but I just wished he wasn't leaving his life behind.

Ashton nodded"well he just wants to be near his sister and I would do the same for my brothers and sisters, family comes first and I would the same for you."

I smiled at his words and kissed his cheek"you're so corny that it hurts."

He laughed and kissed me"only for you, babe."