22.

Michael's laying in a bed, his body still and heavy, his eyelids rapidly blinking as he tries to open them with no such luck. His hair is sticking up in places and dried to his skin from the sweat drying up. He isn't feeling so good. His eyes won't open, he can't remember anything, and he has no clue where he is. His mind is working slow as he tries to open his eyes. 

"Michael." His name rushes through his ear as his eyes snap open, him gasping for air as it feels like a weight was just lifted off his chest. His eyes search around the room frantically, his mind still trying to catch up with everything going on. 

"Michael." He hears, but he's still looking around, his eyes not focusing on one thing for to long before he moves on. He's in the hospital, he knows that. But he doesn't know why. 

"Michael,"

His eyes snap to the right of the bed, taking in the dark figure standing there. He can't see their face, it's so dark in his room he's surprised he can even see anything. 

"You're finally awake. it's been three days." 

"What time is it?" He asks, his voice dry and raw and raspy. 

"Two minutes till three." 

A churning feeling comes to Michael's stomach. He doesn't like that hour. 

"L-luke? Is that you?" 

"Yeah, hey. How're you feeling?"

A light comes on, causing Michael to flinch and slam his eyes shut before he slowly opens them, letting his eyes adjust to the light. 

"I feel like shit, honestly. Physically and mentally." He sighs, letting his eyes examine every inch of Luke's face. Michael hopes he gets to kiss Luke before he dies. Because Luke has nice lips, and it would be a shame if he never got to feel them pressed against his. Michael doesn't even like Luke in that way, but something stirs in the bottom of his stomach every time he thinks about or sees Luke. He has an urge to kiss Luke. Maybe it's because Luke is attractive, or maybe Luke put a love spell on him. He almost snorts out loud. 

When Michael escapes his thoughts, he notices Luke staring at him. Like he's waiting for an answer from Michael. His eyebrow is raised, his face showing confusion. 

"What is it?" 

Luke shrugs, "I was just asking what you were thinking about."

"You." Michael blurts before he can stop himself. He blushes, feeling his cheeks heat up as he adverts his gaze away from Luke. He internally curses himself.

"What about me?" Luke steps closer, a smirk pulling at the corners of his mouth. 

Michael gulps, keeping his mouth closed as he listens to Luke walk closer to him. 

"C'mon, Mikey. Tell me."

"How you have nice lips." He says quickly, his face most likely on fire. 

"Do I?" Luke traces his lips with his finger tips, grinning at Michael. 

"And -- and how I really wish I knew what they felt like pressed against mine. I could at least say I had someone attractive kiss me before I die even though he's crazy and weird and scary and how he brings bad luck around people." Michael says it all in one breath, gasping as he runs out of air before breathing in heavily. Luke only stares at him, grinning to himself. 

"You're gonna die?" He asks, faking shock, but the grin on his face tells Michael otherwise. 

"Yes, Luke. I am going to kill myself. Tonight, or tomorrow. I need, - I can't do this anymore. I am so exhausted and I am terrified of everything." 

Luke nods, only staring at him. "You're not going to try to stop me?" He asks, confused.

"Of course not. If you want to kill yourself, then go ahead. But, I can at least grant you one wish..."

"What do you me--"

Michael is cut off by the force of Luke's lips on his. His eyes close on their own, and for a moment they only sit there with their lips pressed together but Luke takes the lead. Kissing Michael like it's his drug, his food supply, and the only reason to breathe. 

Michael isn't sure how long they sit there and make out,  but all to soon Luke is pulling away, both out of air as they breathe heavily, gasping in air as their lungs burn from lack of oxygen. 

"How was that?" Luke asks once his breathing has calmed. 

"I don't know, maybe we should try again." Michael says, grabbing at the front of Luke's shirt before pulling him back, connecting their lips once more. It's a passionate kiss, but it's also hot. Their teeth are scraping together as they both fight for dominance, which Michael soon realizes he can't win. Michael can also feel his dick harden, which he takes as a sign to stop before things went to far. They were in a hospital, after all. 

"Best kiss yet." Michael breathes out, pulling away from Luke as he tries to calm himself down. 

Luke only smirks, tracing Michael's face with his finger tips as he just stares at Michael's face. 

"What is it?" 

"Just...I wish I could have known you in a different life." 

"What do you mean?" Michael is confused, but he also agrees. 

"I wish things could have been different...Maybe...maybe one day. One day we'll meet again." It almost sounds a promise. A silly, broken promise. Luke knows they'll never meet again. Not that Michael will know. 

"You seem like a great person, Michael Clifford. I kind of feel sorry for you, and everything I've done to you." He shakes his head sadly. He doesn't understand why Michael was so different from the rest. He was only supposed to do a job, yet he started feeling something for the broken boy. 

--

PLEASE DO NOT KILL YOURSELF IF YOU ARE FEELING SUICIDAL. PLEASE TALK TO SOMEONE. 

Only a few chapters left, buuuuut I'm thinking about doing a sequel. Yes, or no?