07.

Michael pretends he doesn't hear knocking. He busies himself by washing his hands, whistling while he does.

"Michael." Ashton says, monotone.

"Yes?" He smiles sheepishly, glancing toward Ashton.

"Go answer the door."

So, Michael groans, stomping his way to the door. He reluctantly pulls the door open, staring up at Luke. But his attention is quickly drawn to his porch light that is flickering rapidly.

"Looks like you need to change that." Luke comments, drawing Michael's attention. Luke has a smirk on his face, and his hands are in his front pocket. And somehow, Luke looks fucking perfect under the flickering light.

"Come in." Michael says through gritted teeth, stepping aside for Luke.

Luke's smirk grows wider, and he steps inside, brushing his shoulder against Michael's.

The light stops flickering.

--

Michael doesn't make conversation at dinner. Even with Ashton kicking his leg every so often, he remains quiet. He refuses to speak to Luke, and he was upset with Ashton for not talking to him about dinner with Luke. He didn't want this, he never even wanted to see Luke's face again.

Every so often, the light in the kitchen will flicker for a second and Michael is starting to think he's the only one who can see it. Nobody else has even glanced at the light. They continue eating and making conversations with each other and Michael really thinks he's going crazy.

And that scared him. Because Michael did not want to end up like his friends. He did not want to go over the edge because his mind was not in the right place.

But if his gut was right, and Luke was the person behind everything happen, he was probably in trouble, because Luke chose them. He wondered what Luke's motive was. Why would he do this? What was the thrill of it all?

The light flickers again; Michael scoots his chair back and drags it over to the light. He steps onto the chair, tightening the bulb. He sighs, climbing back down and ignores the stares he gets. He's walking back to his place at the table when he hears shattering behind him.

He turns, letting out another groan. The bulb fell and is now every where on his kitchen floor.

"Shit, Michael." Ashton says, standing from his seat quickly. Luke stays in his seat, he continues to eat. He's watching Michael closely, and Michael really wants to turn around and yell at Luke. He wants to blame this on Luke, but again, he has no solid proof.

"I didn't do it." Michael defends himself.

"Right," Ashton scoffs, "because the bulb just happens to fall after you mess with it."

"But, I was only tightening it. The light kept flickering."

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"What? What do you mean? You didn't see it?" Michael's voice lowers, his gaze getting watery.

"Michael, the light has not once flickered. Are you feeling alright? Is it the medication the doctors put you on?"

"But...it's true! It's been flickering this whole time. The front porch light was even doing it. Ask Luke!"

"I have no clue what he's talking about." Luke says, leaning back in his seat.

"Stop lying!" Michael yells, pulling at his hair. "You told me I needed to change it!"

Luke is shaking his head, and Ashton is staring at him with concern and Michael really wants to break down, again. He can't believe how emotional he's been, but he's so tired and stressed, and he's fucking crazy.

--

Another short update. but, I updated. sooo, yay.

Wtf Luke y u lie

Poor Mikey, awee

Oh btw I need a new cover if anyone wants to make me one ;))