13.

Michael follows the lady down a long hallway, that seems to go on, and on, and on. And when they reach the room at the end of the hall, Michael is hesitant to walk in because it doesn't feel right and he's nervous and

“Michael, please, come in and sit.”

So he does, he sits across from her and she just stares at Michael, her eyes scrunched as she studies him. Michael clears his throat, deciding to be the first to speak.

“How did you know my name? And how did you know I was coming?” He fidgets in his seat because she's quiet and still staring at him, and maybe he wants to slam his fist on the table and scream at her to stop staring.

“They told me.” She finally speaks but shes quiet and Michael has to strain his ears to hear her.

“They?” Michael questions, leaning forward.

“The voices.”

And Michael forces out laughter because he thinks she's playing around but she's not and that scares Michael.

“What voices?”

“They're around us, watching our every move. They told me you were coming today.” She's just sitting there quietly, her hands folded together neatly on the table and she seems so calm about everything. Suddenly, she's leaning forward, getting closer to Michael. “They also said not to worry about Luke. He won't kill you.”

“Excuse me?” Michael's voice is quiet and it shakes and he sounds so weak and vulnerable.

And it's like a switch goes off because suddenly the air feels heavier and it's colder and the lady, he still doesn't know her name, is humming and she's really scaring Michael.

“Don't be afraid Michael. Accept it.”

“Accept what?”

“Luke's not going anywhere. He won't hurt you as long as you're nice to him. You remember the last time, don't you?”

“W-who told you that?”

“The voices.” She says, and then suddenly there's a loud noise and the lights are going off, and Michael is left sitting in a pitch black room. He can't see his hand in front of him, no matter how close he brings it to his face. And then the lights are back on and everything is different and she's gone.

Michael left in a hurry, knocking over the chair and rushing to leave. He steps out of the room, and the hall seems shorter than he remembers, and he's shivering. Was it this cold before? He knew fortune tellers were crazy, but he never thought they were this crazy.

As he leaves, he can't stop thinking over her words. She knew Luke had knocked him out. She told him to be nice to Luke. Could she be in on it? Did she personally know Luke?

He didn't even get his answers. It was like she was possessed, maybe she was. Did Luke do it? Or was it Calum? Calum was weird as well, hell, he was even creepy like Luke. Luke was a lot creepier, though.

Nice, she told him to be nice. Should he listen? Would Luke stop messing him with if he was nicer? Probably not. Michael didn't even know Luke when he started messing with him. Was it even Luke messing with him? Shit, what if he jumped to conclusions and it wasn't even – no, no, it was Luke. Michael was so sure it was.

Michael doesn't go home right away, he doesn't want to go home until he's calmed down and he can think right. Ashton was waiting for him at home, they were supposed to go skating even though they already went. Why doesn't Ashton remember that? Michael's head was swarmed with so many questions and he didn't have a single answer to them.

He could hear his heart pounding in his ears, and his feet were moving faster and he didn't even know where he was going until he passes his flat and he's going next door and pounding on the damn door. And nobody answers, he doesn't even hear anything behind the door. He has to be home. Michael peaks through the window and his jaw falls open and he staggers back as he rushes home.

He pushes open the door, and he's rushing to find Ashton.

“I thought you said Luke moved in next door?!” He shouts, getting closer to Ashton who looks up startled and then he stands up, looking defensive and maybe a little scared. Michael doesn't care.

“He did! I watched him carry boxes over there.”

“I-it's empty, Ashton! I was just over there.”

“It's not empty. What's wrong with you?! What did Luke ever do to you?!” Ashton is screaming, and he's defending Luke, and that's not how it was supposed to be. Ashton was supposed to defend him. “I'll show you.”

So Michael follows Ashton out the door, and Ashton marches next door, pounding on the door before it fucking opens and Luke steps out. He has a wide grin on his face, a sleepy look on his face, and he's only wearing black skinny jeans. Ashton is turning to Michael, but Michael ignores him as he looks behind Luke to see inside his house, and he sees a couch and a TV and he sees things that weren't there a moment ago.

“What did I tell you?” Ashton says harshly, and Michael flinches back, like his words stung him.

“Something wrong?” Luke speaks up, stepping down his steps to get closer to Michael, and Michael doesn't move. He stays in place, it's like his feet are glued to the pavement because no matter how loud his mind screams for him to run, he can't. His feet won't move and it's like everything stops working. His brain shutting down as things just start to crash in his mind.

And then Luke opens his mouth again,

“What's that sticking out of your pocket, Michael?”

And Michael's hand move on their own, taking out a white slip of paper that was sticking out, and he doesn't remember putting that in there.

The slip only has three words written on them, but they're enough to make Michael go in an internal panic. 

--

I have good reason why this took so long. The original chapter was deleted by wattpad because wattpad was messing up or something and it deleted the chapter. I was almost done with it and my dumb self didn't save the chapter anywhere else. So I had to start over but I'm kind of glad I did because I like this chapter better than the first one I wrote out. 

No scary gif tonight, sorrryy.

Also, I ask nicely to please keep the hate comments to yourself. I'll just delete them. It's a waste of mine and your time. (i'm going back to add this to the prolouge) but yeah just a heads up. 

Okaaay I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Muke fluff is coming soon too btw ;)))) 

alsoooo could someone pls make me a trailer? I was going to try but my movie maker is dumb. I have windows 8 so it's complicated. Thank youuu. love you fluff berries.