19.

"I've never been held before." Michael whispers, holding onto Luke like he'll fade away in a blink of an eye.

"What?"

"I've -- nobody has cuddled with me before."

"I've never been nice to someone before."

"What?" Michael asks, shocked, hoping Luke is joking, but he is in fact not.

"You're the first," Luke continues, "and I was mean to you in the beginning. But, I need you to understand it's my job."

"You're not making sense." Michael cranes his neck to look up at Luke, but Luke isn't looking at him. His eyes are closed, his lips pulled down into a frown.

"I... I've never felt sympathy for someone, until you. It's never taken so long. I've never had an attachment to someone."

Michael winces when a door slams from somewhere in the house.

"I-i'm confused."

"I can't tell you, I'm sorry." Michael nods, staring at Luke's lips, he watches Luke stick his tongue out, wetting his chap lips.

"Is your arm hurting?" Michael watches Luke's lips move, and he notices how pink and plump they are.

"Michael?"

Michael snaps out of his trance, forcing him to look away and into Luke's eyes.

"What?" He questions, his face blazing in a deep blush.

"I asked if your arm was hurting." There is a hint of a smirk on his face, causing Michael to blush deeper.

"N-no. It's fine right now."

Luke nods, cuddling closer to Michael.

"Lets sleep."

--

Michael wakes the next morning to an empty bed and aching arm. It takes him a moment to remember last night, and when he does all he can remember is cuddling with Luke and his fucking pink lips.

He sits up, looking around the room before pain shoots up his arm, causing him to gasp and hold his arm closer to his chest. "Shit shit shit." He whispers, his teeth chewing on his bottom lip as his eyes sweep over the empty room. He needs to find Luke.

He slowly gets off the bed, careful not to move around his arm much as he ventures out of the room and down the hall. Part of him expects Luke to be making him breakfast, but that's not the case. In fact, Luke is no where to be seen. But Michael doesn't care when more pain shoots up his arm.

"Fuck," he grounds out, almost collapsing from the strong pain. He breathes heavily, forcing himself to walk into the kitchen and over to Luke's cabinets.

It's a surprise what Michael finds, or doesn't find, in his cabinets. Absolutely nothing. Luke has nothing. No food, dishes, no medicine. He knows for a fact Luke offered him food last night, he could have sworn he saw dishes in the sink.

Michael's just standing there with a dumbfounded look on his face when Luke walks through the back door. Luke stops to look at Michael, and then he gives him a slight smile.

"Good Morning, sleep well?"

Michael nods, before gesturing to his arm. "Do you have medicine?"

And Luke nods before walking to a cabinet and Michael is opening his mouth to tell him he already checked but then Luke is pulling out a pill bottle.

Luke is pulling out something that wasn't there a minute ago.

Luke's cabinets were suddenly full with food. And dishes. And medicine.

Michael wasn't sure how much longer he could live like this.

Michael didn't like feeling insane.

--

Michael was a little sad.

No. No.

Michael was a lot of sad. He was the type of sad you felt when you get your heartbroken, or when your pet dies. He was sad like the sun on a rainy day. No shine, only grey.

That was Michael. He wasn't a radiant boy anymore. He was dull and grey and he felt pathetic.

It was from his mind having a nervous breakdown. Or maybe because Luke was staring at him in some kind of way and Michael's heart was speeding up and he wasn't sure if that was a good thing or not. He wasn't sure if he liked the way Luke stared at him. It wasn't long ago when he hated Luke, and now he was at his house like they were best friends.

And they certainly weren't. Michael had to remind himself that Luke was causing him to become crazy - even if he had no proof, - and it was Luke's doing. And Calum's. Michael realized, though, that he would pick Luke a hundred times before picking Calum.

Because Calum really really really scared him. Yeah, Luke scared Michael, but Calum came on more forceful.

Calum didn't care if Michael was going to find out his plan. Not really. Sure Calum was supposed to do good, but being good was boring and he wanted to have fun. It was simple as that. But then something ruined his plan.

Luke came into the picture. Luke was a dark spirit, Luke was supposed to be bad, Luke was supposed to help him. Luke was exactly like Calum. Luke thought being bad was boring, he wanted to be good.

How ironic.

--

This book is ending soon i'm going to cry.

Alsooo I started a new muke story called Coming Home if you could please check it out on my profile. :)))

I was going to update Friday but then I found out some horrible news about my cat so I cried all weekend instead. I hope this makes up for the late update.