08.

Michael storms away. He pushes past Ashton as tears run down his face, and he's out the front door before he can change his mind. Nobody tries to stop him, they let him leave. Ashton didn't want to stop him, anyway. Michael needed to be alone. 

Ashton looks toward Luke, but Luke is looking toward the front door and Ashton thinks he sees Luke smiling, but he ignores it, because it could just be his imagination. 

Michael's stumbling as he walks, and his head is spinning and his vision is blurry. The past few days are really getting to him, and he just needs a relaxer. He feels his chest tightening, and his breathing is heavy and he feels like his lungs are going to collapse. He's having a panic attack, and he really needs to sit down. He needs to calm down, so he's hurrying, he's fast walking and maybe he should break into a run but he can't see with the tears running down his face. 

He finally comes to the building he was heading to, he pulls the door open and he's pulling out his wallet and he's pushing past people. 

"I-I..." He takes a deep breath, "I want a dozen shots of vodka." He manages to get out weakly. The bartender is looking at him weirdly but Michael doesn't care. 

"I need to see an ID." The man says, and Michael nods and places his ID on the counter. Michael watches the man check it and then he's handing it back and placing shot glasses on the counter. He's filling them to the top and Michael is grabbing them and finishes them before the bartender can finish filling the glasses. 

Michael's vision gets blurry again, but this time it's because he has alcohol in his system and he's already feeling a lot better. 

He's grabbing his last shot glass and his hand is shaking and the alcohol is spilling over the edges and all over his shirt and he's laughing. He starts laughing and crying and he can't bring the shot glass to his lips because his hand won't stop shaking. It's getting all over his shirt and the counter. But he manages. He manages to bring the glass to his lips and he's throwing his head back but there's nothing in the glass anymore. It's everywhere around him and that makes him sad. 

"How much?" Michael slurs, but the bartender shakes his head and waves his hand at Michael and he stares at him with pity. 

"Rough night?" The man asks, and Michael tries to read his name tag but the words won't focus so he gives up, and instead nods. "Would you like me to call a cab?" 

Michael shakes his head, he's fine. He can manage on his own. He pushes himself away from the bar and sends a sloppy wave to the man and pushes past the dancing people and tries to squeeze his way through without tripping or vomiting on anyone. 

He really didn't want to go home. He wasn't even gone for an hour. Luke was probably still there, and man, he came to this club to get wasted and forget Luke and everything happening to him but he didn't. Twelve shots of vodka and he still couldn't forget. 

--

Michael wakes up on a park bench. He's soaking wet, and he's still getting wet. He opens his eyes, shielding them from the sun light. He looks around, silently cursing the park for having automatic sprinklers. His head is pounding, he's freezing and he really has to take a wee. 

He feels for his phone, and then remembers he left it at home. He doesn't want to move, he really doesn't want to go home, yet, either. Luke lives next door now, and no doubt he would see him. That is if he went home last night. Ashton wouldn't let a complete stranger stay, right?

Michael suddenly feels uneasy at the word 'stranger.' Why does he feel like this? Why is it happening again? Luke was a stranger, but Michael felt sick every time he said that about Luke. 

But, Michael knows he has to go home eventually. Ashton is probably worried, at least he hoped. He can't believe Ashton didn't come looking for him last night. 

Pushing himself up, Michael takes the long journey home deep in his thoughts. 

--

I've already planned the ending out for this story but I haven't planned the next chapter o 

I think i'm more excited for everyone's reaction than the ending of the book omg 

fyi Nightcore is rad 

dedicated to Naillandthepotatoes for my awesome new cover like look at it it's so perff