Made for Worship

We were created to worship.

Everyone worships someone or something. Even people who don't consider themselves religious worship. This is naturally by design.

We are reminded that “everything was created through Him and for Him, Jesus”. We were created for God; to give God glory and worship Him alone in spirit and in truth. 

However, sometimes we find ourselves worshipping things other than God - work, self, money, celebrities, sports teams, hobbies, grades, social media.  

How do you know what you’re worshipping?
Ask yourself this -
What takes most of your time and attention?
What do you find yourself thinking about most? 

So, are you worshipping God or something else?

If you said something else, what can you do to put God first and give Him the glory and worship He deserves? 

Then God gave the people all these instructions : “I am the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt, the place of your slavery. “You must not have any other god but me. “You must not make for yourself an idol of any kind or an image of anything in the heavens or on the earth or in the sea. You must not bow down to them or worship them, for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God who will not tolerate your affection for any other gods. I lay the sins of the parents upon their children; the entire family is affected—even children in the third and fourth generations of those who reject me. But I lavish unfailing love for a thousand generations on those who love me and obey my commands.
Exodus 20:1‭-‬6 NLT

Jesus replied, “The Scriptures say, ‘You must worship the Lord your God and serve only Him.’ ”
Luke 4:8 NLT

Christ is the visible image of the invisible God. He existed before anything was created and is supreme over all creation, for through Him God created everything in the heavenly realms and on earth. He made the things we can see and the things we can’t see— such as thrones, kingdoms, rulers, and authorities in the unseen world. Everything was created through Him and for Him. He existed before anything else, and He holds all creation together.
Colossians 1:15‭-‬17 NLT

But He said, “No, don’t worship me. I am a servant of God, just like you and your brothers the prophets, as well as all who obey what is written in this book. Worship only God!”
Revelation 22:9 NLT

Who or what you worship matters.

Whatever or whoever it is that you give your time, attention, and thoughts to will shape who you become. 

You become like what you worship.

You may start to talk like, dress like, and treat others the same way as you do whatever you worship.  

However, as followers of Jesus, our goal is to become more like Jesus; not more like our favorite celebrity, team, or thing. Each and every day, we should aim to become more like Him. The way that this will happen is by filling our minds with truth and allowing ourselves to be transformed from the inside out.

When we think about Jesus, spend time with Jesus, talk about Jesus, we naturally become more like Him. 

What have you been dedicating your time to and how is that affecting who you’re becoming?

What can you do to become more like Jesus? 

Not to us, O Lord , not to us, but to Your Name goes all the glory for Your unfailing love and faithfulness. Why let the nations say, “Where is their God?” Our God is in the heavens, and He does as He wishes. Their idols are merely things of silver and gold, shaped by human hands. They have mouths but cannot speak, and eyes but cannot see. They have ears but cannot hear, and noses but cannot smell. They have hands but cannot feel, and feet but cannot walk, and throats but cannot make a sound. And those who make idols are just like them, as are all who trust in them.
Psalms 115:1‭-‬8 NLT