You Have Value

January 11, 2016

Bible Reading: Romans 5:6-11

Foundational Verse:

- 1 Corinthians 6:20 "You were bought at a price."

Rhema Word:

- Christ's death is the measure of God's amazing love for us.

- You are valuable in His eyes, and He loves you.

Messages:

- Christ's death is the measure of God's love for you.

- Romans 5:6 "When we were utterly helpless, Christ came at just the right time and died for us sinners."

- Romans 5:10 "For since our friendship with God was restored by the death of his Son while we were still his enemies, we will certainly be saved through the life of his Son."

- Perhaps you feel tarnished, worn, old, or out of circulation. Even so, God finds value in you.

- Romans 5:6-9 In fact He did. He came down to earth from heaven and purchased you with His own blood. That's how much He wants you. You are valuable in His eyes, and He loves you.

- The word _gospel_ means "good news", and Romans 5 is the very heart of that gospel.

- The _motive_ of the gospel is that God loves us despite our sins (v. 8). The _need_ for the gospel is because of our sin and rebellion (vv. 8, 10). The _act_ of the gospel is found in Christ's sacrificial death for the undeserving (vv. 8–10). The _result_ of the gospel is restored relationship with the God who created us for relationship with Him (v. 10). That is certainly good news!

Promises:

- Romans 5:8 "But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners."

- Romans 5:9 "And since we have been made right in God's sight by the blood of Christ, he will certainly save us from God's condemnation."

- 1 Corinthians 6:20 "The Creator of the universe wants you—not for your mind, your body, your clothes, your achievements, your intellect, or your personality, but because you are you! He would go any distance and pay any price to possess you."

Commands:

- Romans 5:11 "So now we can rejoice in our wonderful new relationship with God because our Lord Jesus Christ has made us friends of God."

Warnings:

- None

Applications:

As I think about Your love for me, Father, I wonder with amazement how You could love someone like me — and I praise You.

You are the only one who is the best description of amazing grace and love Father!

You had sacrificed Your own begotten son just to save us unworthy people.

But with Jesus death we are very worthy for you.

You just showed us Your greatest LOVE for us.

Even when no one appreciates us we must not feel sad because we know that we are of value to You.

And You are the most important in our lives.

Thank You for loving us that much Father.

Show us and guide us to follow Your example on how to love each other as well.

I will be forever grateful to You!

IN JESUS NAME. AMEN.