An Inside View

October 20, 2015

Bible Reading: 1 Samuel 16:1-7

Foundational Verse:

- 1 Samuel 16:7 "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart."

Messages:

- The Lord doesn't care about our appearance instead He looks at our hearts.

- An inside view of something is often more fascinating and more significant than an exterior view.

- The true measure of a person is what's in the heart.

- When God looks at us, He is more interested in our hearts than our height, the state of our soul than the structure of our face. He doesn't see us as too old, too young, too small, or too big. He zeroes in on the things that matter-our response to His love for us and our concern for other people (Matthew 22:37-39).

- Second Chronicles 6:30 says that God alone knows the human heart. When the God who has done so much for us looks at our heart, what does He see?

Promises:

- GOD doesn't look on our weaknesses and our mistakes.

- GOD only wants the best for our lives.

Warnings:

- Don't be deceive by the physical appearance of a person.

Commands:

- Do not fear to follow God's commands.

- Don't judge a person's physical appearance.

- Acknowledge that GOD's way is always right for us.

Applications:

Dear Father GOD, help me to value what You value. As I follow Your example, I pray that You will be pleased with what You see in my heart. You are the only one who can see through the deepest thoughts and feelings of me. Let me look also on other people's heart than looking at their physical aspect. An inside view is better than what has been flaunted outside. Truly that you can make our weaknesses become our strengths. With Your amazing grace Father and your mercy for us, nothing is impossible in this world. I will be forever grateful to you <3 In Jesus Name. AMEN.