Starting Upstream

January 7, 2016

Bible Reading: Matthew 6:5-10

Foundational Verse:

- Matthew 6:8 Your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

Rhema Word:

- Our GOD is a good provider! And He has a great timing for our needs.

Messages:

- Thanksgiving & praise should be our natural responses to God's amazing handiwork.

- We should start upstream where the flow begins rather than starting downstream with our own concerns and bring them to God.

- Prayer channels God's supply to our needs.

- Matthew 6:14 "If you forgive those who sin against you, your heavenly Father will forgive you."

- Matthew 6:34 "So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today."

Promises:

- Matthew 6:8 "Your Father knows what you need before you ask him."

- Matthew 6:6 "Then your Father, who sees everything, will reward you."

Commands:

- Matthew 6:5 "When you pray, don't be like the hypocrites who love to pray publicly on street corners and in the synagogues where everyone can see them. I tell you the truth, that is all the reward they will ever get."

- Matthew 6:6 "When you pray, go away by yourself, shut the door behind you, and pray to your Father in private."

- Matthew 6:7 "When you pray, don't babble on and on as people of other religions do. They think their prayers are answered merely by repeating their words again and again."

- Matthew 6:33 "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

- Matthew 6:7-13 "Instead of babbling with pretentious empty words, we are to pray with simplicity and sincerity."

Warnings:

- Matthew 6:5 "Desiring the praise of others, they forfeited their reward from God."

- Matthew 6:15 "But if you refuse to forgive others, your Father will not forgive your sins."

- Mark 12:40 Jesus warned that those who "for a show make lengthy prayers . . . will be punished most severely."

Applications:

Dear Lord, I praise You for loving and caring for me so much.

What would I ever do without You?

I am so grateful to be called by You.

Use me Father GOD for the purpose of glorifying You alone.

I know that You already know what each of us needed and wanted.

Even without us asking for it.

You always give us blessings even if we are not worthy of it.

I thank You Father for Your amazing grace on us.

Having alone time with You, and doing devotions really have a great effect on me.

It always calm me. It always remind me that You are a powerful GOD.

You are supernatural and You are our provider.

You have provided for the animals and plants without them asking.

How about us of much more value than them?

Thank You for reminding us that we should not worry about tomorrow for tomorrow will worry about itself.

LORD GOD I know that when we pray we pray with simplicity and sincerity.

We must pray always. Not only when someone is looking. But most importantly when no one is watching.

Thank You Father for the great opportunity that You have given me.

And even if it is rescheduled later I know that You had a purpose that's why it happened.

I know this is all for the benefits of many.

I pray that the HR and the general manager of FAA will approve my terms.

IN JESUS NAME. AMEN.