Hold On!

January 12, 2016

Bible Reading: Revelation 3:7-13

Foundational Verse:

- Revelation 3:11 "I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have."

Rhema Word:

- Holding on to God's promises in hard times strengthens our faith.

Messages:

- The promise of Christ's return calls us to persevere in faith.

- Holding on to God's promises in hard times strengthens our faith.

- Revelation 3:11 "I am coming soon." - Jesus

- Revelation 3:12 "All who are victorious will become pillars in the Temple of my God, and they will never have to leave it. And I will write on them the name of my God, and they will be citizens in the city of my God—the new Jerusalem that comes down from heaven from my God. And I will also write on them my new name."

Promises:

- Revelation 3:8 "I know all the things you do, and I have opened a door for you that no one can close. You have little strength, yet you obeyed my word and did not deny me."

- Revelation 3:10 "Because you have obeyed my command to persevere, I will protect you from the great time of testing that will come upon the whole world to test those who belong to this world."

- When our circumstances are harsh and sorrows outnumber joys, Jesus shouts to us, "Hold everything you've got! Help is on the way!"

Commands:

- Hold on in faith and rejoice.

- Revelation 3:8 "Obey His word and do not deny Him."

- Revelation 3:11 "Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take away your crown."

- Revelation 3:13 "Anyone with ears to hear must listen to the Spirit and understand what he is saying to the churches."

- In the midst of great trials and opposition, we, believers, must cling to God's promises and persevere in our faith.

Warnings:

- Revelation 3:9 "Look, I will force those who belong to Satan's synagogue—those liars who say they are Jews but are not—to come and bow down at your feet. They will acknowledge that you are the ones I love."

Applications:

Dear Lord, we cling to Your promise, expect Your return, and hold on with confidence as we say, "Even so, come, Lord Jesus!"

Today was indeed a great day. I am grateful for all the blessings You have poured on us today.

I am so excited for Your coming here in the world eventhough I know that not all of us are ready.

You just reminded me again today Father that Your coming is very near.

That I have so many things to do as preparation before that day comes.

That I must not waste my time on doing unimportant things that doesn't glorify Your precious name.

That as Your daughter Father GOD and as Christ sister, You have tasked me to save others and let Your name be known everywhere.

I'm so happy that I didn't miss my devotion today.

LORD GOD whatever I can do that will result to glorify and worship You.

Just say it to me. I am very much willing to do so.

IN JESUS NAME. AMEN.