Chapter 3

The Crypts

Chapter Summary
A new life has arrived to the world... while an old soul rises.

3 Months Later, in the Island of Mercedes. "Come now! The newborn is about to arrive and so is he," She whispered loudly at Lieutenant Isaac who had difficulty in fitting through the hole. Lady Amiraneed turned her head to look at him then heaved an exasperated sigh.

"Hurry up! Or I'll leave your sorry butt here," She warned. Isaac gathered enough effort to be hastier than a second ago. Eventually, he wedged through the thin opening of the cave. Isaac's eyes spotted a stick sleeping on the ground, he crouched down and lifted it up.

"Do you have any heating source to transform this into a torch?" He asked. Lady Amiraneed checked her pockets then pulled out a lighter.

"Give me the stick," She instructed and he did as followed. Nearing the lighter to the stick, she narrowed her eyes and activated it.

Finally, there was light eating away the darkness. Tightly gripping the torch, Margaret Amiraneed strode down a painfully long stone tunnel, Isaac trailed after her. "So this is the crypt." Isaac said in astonishment as he looked around.

"Amazed? Be prepared to see his literal tomb," Margaret let out a short and low wicked laugh as they reached the end of the tunnel.

They reached the tomb of The First. It was massive and intricate with carvings on the exterior. Margaret neared the torch to the carvings so she could read them. "He was beheaded for an erroneous crime." Her eyes skimmed the eerie symbols on the stone.

"What exactly was his crime?" Isaac raised an eyebrow, bending down beside Margaret and allowed his fingers to roam the exterior.

"His crime..." Margaret narrowed her eyes and studied the next symbol. "He eloped with another kind..." She gasped in surprise. "So the legend is true." She slowly swiveled her head at Isaac with a slow sinister smile spreading across her face. "The First had his head cut then his blood was spilled. Yuck. He was terminated from existence."

"That seemed violent back in the day especially in a witness' perspective." Isaac replied, folding his arms.

"Indeed," She nodded before rising back up and stepping backwards. "Now we wait for the newborn to arrive which should be done in minutes."

---

Sweat formed and trickled from Sabrina's forehead as she continued pushing the newborn out of her. "Hraaghrh," She struggled with pain.

"Keep going, Sab. You're almost there," Doctor Leandro told her. Sabrina kept pushing as pain lanced throughout her body.

Sabrina's hand tightly grabbed Divinity's. She cried out as she continued until a minute passed by. She stopped. Doctor Leandro hastily took the cloth in and instant and swaddled the newborn. He held the newborn up and declared, "It's a girl, a healthy hybrid," He smiled at Sabrina and Divinity.

Tears streamed down Sabrina's cheeks as Doctor Leandro unhurriedly gave the swaddled newborn to her. Now safe and secure in her arms, Divinity and Sabrina gazed at their little daughter wrapped in cloth. She looked at him before peering at the baby with a huge grin.

"Her name is Priyanka," She said then carried the newborn close to her chest. "Isn't she a beauty?"

"She is. She'll grow beautiful like her mother," Divinity said as he gently stroked the head of their daughter.