Chapter 5

The First Vampire

Chapter Summary
He Has Returned.

Sabrina stared at him in horror. The First had returned from the grave, awaken. Vladimir lifted a hand up and cupped her cheek, "Why did you leave me for that rotwit?"

She couldn't respond at all, she didn't know what to do, think, or say. Vladimir tugged his hand away from her flesh and snapped his fingers. "Take her."

The bat formed black smoke around it before shifting back to its vampire form. A sinister smile crawled upon its face as it seized Sabrina's arm. "Go gentle on Amelia. I don't want her to get hurt," Vladimir commanded.

The vampire slackened his grip on Sabrina's arm, Divinity tried to kick himself back up only to be pinned down again. "Urgh," He groaned.

Vladimir gazed at her and was about to kiss her when a bolt cut through his shoulder. He hissed, taken aback by the pain burning in his skin.

Snowdust shot a furious scowl at Vladimir, "Don't ever touch my daughter!" She cried out, leveling her crossbow at Vladimir's chest. "Farewell, bitch." She muttered under her breath before firing the crossbow again.

Vladimir ducked out of the way effortlessly, the bolt piercing straight to Sabrina. She coughed and dropped to her knees, the vampire still clutching her arm. Sabrina pressed a palm against her chest to hinder blood from trickling down. She gathered enough power to blast it at the vampire grasping her.

The vampire staggered backwards and plummeted. It hissed as its red eyes glared at her. When Divinity mustered efficient strength and power, he bit into Margaret's leg and chewed off the heel. Margaret screamed in agony before thrusting the other heel at the back of his head before she fell backwards.

"Where are the guards?!" Snowdust raised her voice then dropped her crossbow and glared at the vampires. She snapped her neck before descending on all fours, letting her bones shift in her body as fur clouded around her skin. Then, before she knew it, she transformed into a wolf.

Snowdust, in her wolf form, growled at the vampires in warning. Vladimir let out a wicked cackle, brushing off her form and faced Sabrina. "Oh, Amelia, stop pretending you're another person, you can't possibly trick me-" He widened his eyes as he heard Margaret's blood-curdling scream.

He spun around to see Margaret being devoured by Snowdust, her skin easily torn off like paper. Snowdust opened her mouth wide before snapping it at Margaret's head, disconnecting it from the body. Divinity took freedom as an opportunity to tackle Vladimir to the floor.

He sank his thumb into one of Vladimir's eye socket, letting blood gush out and stream down Vladimir's cheek. Then, to please himself, he ran his sharp nails along his cheek, leaving scrape marks. "That's what you get for touching my wife."

Vladimir limply clutched Divinity's neck, groaning then throwing him away. "I cannot die tonight. Not until she is dead. Might as well kill her now," Vladimir rushed toward Sabrina, lifting her from the ground by gripping her neck. Air abandoned Sabrina's lungs while strength also left her body.

A frigid sensation surged through Sabrina's body, her eyes turned teal. She raised a hand up and plunged it right into Vladimir's chest. Vladimir let go of Sabrina, causing her to fall to the ground with a sickening thud. Vladimir took four steps backwards, gaping at his chest.