Chapter 15

The Great War II

Chapter Summary
The second war will determine the fate of vampires and wolves!

The silver midnight moon had ascended, shedding a glint over a massive flatlands. It was a large land, a field. A field that will soon be used for battle.

Near it was a shore, where the dark ocean had sparkled under the soothing moonlight. It had these constant rippling and wavy patterns, as it sent wave after wave headed for the coast.

The land had that tint of a precious sapphire, a cold hue that set a spine-chilling mood. In the ocean swam the silhouettes of what looked like ships sailing for the Island of Mercedes. A man stood near the steering wheel, directing the ship to the coast of a nearby Island.

He smiled sinisterly. "I'm coming for you." Vampire soldiers began to unroll banners with etched symbols of what seemed to be a skull. Particles of platinum had been woven to the rollable black fabric, molding the shape of a skeleton's skull.

An ounce of wrath and insatiable desire dripped in Vladimir's voice, his face washed in blue moonlight. "I will end you. I will end your lover. I will end your kind." He raised his chin up, overlooking the seas surrounding the ships. "Once and for all."

Gerda was absent by his side. She refused to stay near him, or be in his view. As much as possible, once the war rages, she would shy away from Vladimir. Inside, she had this boiling loathe for him. She kept it in as she continued commanding the soldiers to prepare.

Vampire Soldiers took their crossbows, and loaded them. Gerda watched as the soldiers prepared themselves for war, equipped with strength and bravery.

Gerda smirked.

---

The eerie thrumming of silence had pushed everyone on edge.

The Archers and The Lycan Soldiers had prepped themselves for the battle ahead, putting on armor, weapons, and combat abilities.

An archer made sure that all the arrows in his quiver were equipped with Queen Eleanor's explosives. And so did the rest.

While some wolf soldiers shared an emotional moment with their families. They had to immerse themselves in a familial time, because nobody was certain of the future. Whoever would meet ill-fate , and whoever would be able to get past through this horror.

Serrina and Hunter held each other's hand as they chatted. "Hunter, for all the hours and days of my life I had spent with you, know that you have earned my limitless affection." She cupped his cheek tenderly. "I adore you every second, from the past, now, and tomorrow."

Hunter grinned from ear to ear, before he and Serrina were pulled by the gravity of temptation, nearing them until they kissed.

And after parting lips, giving them the ability to peer into each other, one last time before the war. "You are and will only be my true love. No one else. When the night goes on, whatever the future holds... I hope that we'll make it tonight."

They embraced one another, losing themselves into each other's touch.

Meanwhile, Sabrina and Divinity bid a temporary farewell to their child, Priyanka, who was cradled in Sabrina's arms and warmth. "We'll see you soon, sunshine," She said before planting a long kiss on her forehead. "I love you. Don't forget that." Sabrina's voice had a slight shakiness as emotions rushed through her.