Chapter 16

Certainty

Chapter Summary
In the end, death is the inevitable that comes for us all.

It was dark. Cold. Lonely.

The muteness of the darkness thrummed within the void. Floating aimlessly, life had been taken from her. Sabrina's lying body followed an invisible current present in the void.

She sailed nowhere, to the endless definite pitch black wrapping her in a bosom.

And there was this powerful glow searing within.

A glacial transformation. A power.

Gasping, she jolted awake and her gaze only met the blackness of the void around her.

What the...

She clutched her chest only to discover that it didn't have any wound. Suddenly, memories of being alive resurfaced. She recalled how she ended up in her fateful demise. Vladimir had buried his claws into her chest, deep and rough. She ached at the thought, her heart slowly pounding, slowly reaching a frantic beating.

Life had been taken away from me, she thought sadly. She looked around her, and there, she was enveloped by puffing blue tinted smoke. "This must be the afterlife." She said to herself an obvious answer, unless, this was the purgatory. A dark and cold suffering, forcing the recently lifeless being to wait in the shadows before light calls.

"Bring her back from death, and put evil to rest," A faint voice called out, one of a female. It sounded familiar, like she had listened to that voice in one of her visions.

Amelia...

Sabrina forced herself to her feet. Her heels were numb, so she didn't feel the ground of the void, or even the shadows. It felt like walking on air.

The voice sang a heavenly tune.

"The night will be over soon..."

Suddenly, Sabrina quivered immensely and dropped. Then, her eyes witnessed the arrival of a golden sparkling glow. The glittery particles circled around her, making her float back up and feel the touch of great power. Her full potential.

It must had been destined to receive this power, not just by forming bonds with a rival blood. The God of Blood, and Amelia, must had seen something in her, that she hadn't seen in herself yet.

The glow was enchanting, full of twinkling appeal. It swaddled Sabrina in power, flooding her with intensity. Sabrina gladly accepted this destiny of hers. She closed her eyes and allowed herself to be submerged in the pool of gold swarming around her.

---

Snowdust aimed her pistol at Vladimir's head, this time she was certain she'd shot him right in the skull. Divinity readied himself in a fighting stance, as if he'd maul Vladimir to death any second.

Vladimir cackled then halted when he noticed Sabrina's corpse beam up in a golden glow. "What's happening?" He lifted an eyebrow, baffled, as Sabrina's body crumbled into golden ashes that swirled around air.

Snowdust and Divinity slowly swiveled their head at the golden ashes soaring the sky, unhurriedly taking form of a wolf.

Divinity's eyes welled with tears. "Sabrina..."