Chapter 10

The Beginning

Chapter Summary
Set in the beginning era of Blood World, learn of Vladimir's past with The First Wolf, Amelia.

Amelia stared at the sunset, trapped in a trance. Her body swayed side to side as the gleaming sun falling down over the horizon caged her in beauty. She seemed mesmerised endlessly until she snapped out of it when her flesh came into contact with another.

With his front body pressed to her back, warming her. Amelia smiled, perking up. "Hey, Vlad." Her eyes roamed around Vladimir's face, keeping into mind how handsome he was.

Chained to Vladimir was the undying kindness of his heart. He wrapped his arms around her, and pulled her close. "I love you, my little flower." He said, his voice overflowing with genuine emotions. Amelia embraced him as if this moment would be their last.

"Flower..." Amelia mumbled when her palms closed around a stem. Vladimir inched away, giving space for Amelia to admire the flower in her grip.

A rose.

"You're as lovely, and beautiful as this rose," He said.

"You gave it to me?" Amelia tilted her head with an arched eyebrow.

"Of course. It's for you." Vladimir cupped her cheek and neared himself to her face. Amelia followed in kind... closing the gap between the two of them... but then a voice interrupted their moment together.

An entity came rushing towards the both of them.

"The Cerisan Festival is making its debut. Make sure you impress the God of Blood," An unnatural spirit spoke.

Amelia looked down at the floor, her eyes watering as her head was heavy with thoughts, debating. Vladimir noticed and knitted his eyebrows in concern. "Amelia?"

She jerked her head up, as if awoken from a deep sleep, shaking away those thoughts lingering somewhere in her mind. "Oh! Let's prepare for the festival!"

But ever since that second, Vladimir knew something was suspicious.

The sun slept as the moon woke from the horizon, casting its silver light upon the lands of the Island. The festival covered most of the land with fairy lights, and festivities. The Cerisan Festival was a blissful night for all.

Vladimir strolled along the dark evening lit up by colorful lanterns and hanging lights. A group of Wolves and Vampires engaged in their conversations were scattered around the island. He passed by a serpent chatting raucuously with a zombie.

Three little skeletons ran past him in a hurry, either out of excitement or fear.

Then, Vladimir encountered Morris. He narrowed his eyes at him, "Hello." He greeted coldly.

Morris was the right-hand of his rival, Kayden.

With a smirk on his face, he ambled towards Vladimir, "Looking for your girl?"

"Amelia is none of your business," Vladimir shot a fiery glare at Morris who still remained with an unbothered smug smile.

Morris patted Vladimir's shoulder while clucking his tongue several times. "Poor fella. Amelia isn't truly yours. She's with Kayden."