Chapter 2

The News

Chapter Summary
Returning from their honeymoon, the newlyweds confront a conflict... will a happy ending still reign?

Before the gates of The Tundra Den, Sabrina and Divinity stood beside each other, holding each other's hands. They inhaled deeply and exhaled a sigh before the gate heaved open.

Both of them walked in together, comfortable and confident with one another. The citizens who peered at them from the windows, behind the carts, and on the pavements, immediately went clapping.

Soon, the den had gathered a loud cheering for the newlywed. Sabrina and Divinity flashed a bright smile at them before heading inside the castle. The hallways were dimly lit by the scarce sunlight flooding through the windows.

Sabrina guided Divinity towards the throne room where Stella and Seth were in the middle of a happy conversation. They were interrupted as Sabrina and Divinity strode forward with clicking footsteps. Seth, the King of the Den, swiveled his head at the young couple a distance away from him.

He rushed over to Sabrina and wrapped his arms around her tightly. "My niece! How I missed you," He held back the tears as he relished every second of embrace before pulling away and wiping an imaginary tear from his face. Sabrina chuckled and held her uncle's hands in hers.

"Uncle, it's nice to see you again. It feels good to be back with my husband," She gestured Divinity to step forward. He did and offered his hand out to Seth. Seth disregarded his extended arm and instead, gave Divinity a bone crushing embrace.

"Oh. A pleasure to meet you, Uncle." He reluctantly patted the back of Seth and managed to turn his lips up into a smile though it wavered. Eventually, Seth tugged himself away and faced both of them with a warm and welcoming smile. Stella linked arms with him and looked Sabrina up and down.

"I'm proud of you, Sabrina." She shifted her gaze to Divinity. "I trust that you will treat her well and love her eternally."

Divinity bowed down elegantly and with manners then put his head back up to gaze between Seth and Stella. "It is my duty as Sabrina's husband, to give her the affection and care she needs."

Sabrina looked at the ring which had been slipped onto her finger. "I can't believe this day had come. Before, I was unsure if I could claim the throne for myself then mom turned out to be alive but she still gave the throne to me. Now, I'm married and about to have a family."

Stella stole a glance at Seth who was late enough to notice. "Oh, time does have an effect on everyone. Now, enjoy your life, dear, and may you find abundant happiness in your binding."

Seth nodded, agreeing to his wife's words. "Indeed. Life of marriage may have its ups and downs but in the end, love will reign victorious," He captured Stella's hands and twined his fingers with hers.

Divinity and Sabrina held each other's gaze and grinned from ear to ear. "Well, the Lycan kingdom is waiting for us. We promise we'll visit you two more often!" Sabrina said as she had already hurried off to the exit while dragging Divinity with her.

Divinity cast one more smile and glance at Stella and Seth before he had been completely led away from the room. Sabrina happily held her husband's hand and pulled him towards the exit of the kingdom. The citizens bid farewell as the two raced towards the gates.

"Come on! I can't wait to see my mother and Lisa!" Energy pumped in her veins as a frisson of anticipation ran through her body.

Soon, they were beyond the walls of the Lycan Den. They strode hand-in-hand towards the pristine white palace sitting ahead of them. Two wolf guards bowed down and heaved open the large doors, light spilling out from within.