Chapter 12: New Home.....New Love

After Megatron was defeated by Optimus Prime, the army of Decepticons has been significantly weakened and has eventually retreat. But behind them, they left a carnage. Many buildings, cars and streets were devastated, and people are dead, soldiers and civilians. A deathly silence prevails when people return in the city to see the damage, protected by the military, which begin to patrol the streets to see if there are still enemies. In front of the Toronto city hall, Chromia and Optimus have found Mathias and Emily, and each is happy and reassured that the others are alive. But the mysterious disappearance of Megatron's body is incomprehensible, even if peace is restored, but for how long?

The rest of the Autobots arrive. In his hand, Ironhide holds the head of the Decepticon Brawl, that he managed to kill. Moonracer holds the hand of Barricade, but the Decepticon managed to escape, despite his injuries. Most Autobots have several injuries because of the battle, but nothing too serious, except Bumblebee who had a torn hand, by Brawl, but Ratchet will heal him as soon as possible. Chromia is reassured to see that all her sisters survived, and hug them. Unfortunately, the camp of the Autobots has also suffered losses: Mirage and Sideswipe were unfortunately killed. Ratchet, Ironhide and Jazz put their bodies on the ground, gently. There was silence for several seconds, then Ratchet speaks because he saw what happened.

(Ratchet): "They defended a group of human survivors who were attacked, but they were ambushed. They fought to the end, but our enemies were too many I have not managed to save them."

(Optimus): "They died with honor and courage, as true Autobots would have done. They sacrificed their lives for a planet that is not theirs, they will be buried with all the honors deserved to such a sacrifice."

(Mathias): "It's our fault. If we had not been captured, they would still be alive."

(Chromia): "Mathias, you have nothing to reproach yourself. It's not your fault. Mirage and Sideswipe knew what they were doing, and they decided to sacrifice their lives to save your world. We must accept that choice, for them."

Mathias and Emily slowly nod. All Autobots pose a hand on their chests, and make a respectful sign to honor the death of Mirage and Sideswipe. Mathias and Emily decided to do the same. But suddenly, the human soldiers arrive around the group with tanks, and threatens to shoot.

(Soldier): "There's still monsters! Prepare to fire!"

Ironhide growls and wants to take his guns, but Optimus prevents him.

(Optimus): "Ironhide, remember: we do not attack the humans!"

Ironhide understands and remains calm. But human soldiers seem to want to determine to shoot, when suddenly, Mathias and Emily take their courage and put themselves before the Autobots as to protect them, facing the soldiers. When the soldiers saw that, they do not shoot and seem surprised.

(Soldier): "Hey, you two! Back away! They are enemies!"

(Emily): "No, they are our allies, they fought to save the city, and without them, we would all be dead."

(Mathias): "They saved our lives several times. At first we were surprised, but we learned their true nature, and through that, I discovered that I had feelings for Chromia, and that I really love her, as she loves me."

(Emily): "I also found love with Optimus Prime. We are not from the same race and the same planet, but I love him with all my heart, and I know he has same feelings for me. I never let anyone separate us, not even death."

The Autobots are very impressed by the courage of the two humans, and applaud the speech. Mathias returns with Chromia and Emily back in the arms of Optimus. After these words, the soldiers are reluctant to shoot, but did not lower their weapons. Then a soldier came forward and began to talk to the others.