Chapter 5: Protectors

The sun rises slowly over the forest. The sky is gray and cloudy, and there is still a little cold. All the Autobots have took their vehicle forms to sleep, except Chromia and Optimus that still sleeping under their shapes of robots, seated against rocks. Emily slowly opens her eyes and still feels the heat against the chest of Optimus, with his spark. It's really nice. She lies down for a moment and turns her head, and then she sees that Mathias is no longer next to Chromia. Where is he? Emily looks in all directions but Mathias is no longer in the camp. She rises quietly and puts her jacket, before starting to head towards the forest. There is no sound except the wind and the birds wake up. Emily continues to walk in the forest without thinking that she moves away from the camp. A few minutes later she saw Mathias sitting against a tree. He tries to make run his mobile phone.

(Emily): "Mathias? What are you doing?"

(Mathias): "I'm worried for my family and I try to call them. I left the camp to try to find a network, and also because I did not want to wake you up."

Mathias tries again, but he did not receive a response. The young man sighs with frustration and puts his phone in his pocket. Emily sits down next to him to reassure him.

(Emily): "Never assume the worst. I'm sure your family is okay."

(Mathias smiled, but he hopes it's true. They stay sitting for several seconds without saying anything, but suddenly they hear a cracking sound close. Birds flee of the trees at the sound. Mathias and Emily get up and start to look around. Silence returns, and there is nothing around them. Yet they did not dream there was a suspicious noise, close to them. A noise of weapon is heard and ropes are wrapped around the legs of Mathias and Emily. The two young people lose their balance and fall to the ground covered with dead leaves. Camouflaged soldiers arrive around and threaten them with their weapons. One of the soldiers, probably the leader, takes a picture in his pocket and checks, before watching Mathias and Emily, then he seems convinced and turned to the others.

(Soldier): "They are the ones! The government wants them alive. Tie them up."

Soldiers obey and catch Mathias and Emily by the arms and legs, but they are struggling.

(Emily): "Unleash us now!"

(Mathias): "You have no right!"

The soldiers are preparing to handcuff, but suddenly, the Autobots emerge around soldiers with angry looks. Chromia, Arcee and Flareup prepare their guns and threaten the soldiers. Ironhide is ready to shoot too. Mathias and Emily are reassured to see them. Optimus has a dark look and leans toward the soldiers, scared.

(Optimus): "You tried to kidnap Emily and Mathias? Big mistake!"

Emily and Mathias remove the strings they have on the feet and up to join their robotic friends. Mathias approaches of Chromia and she puts him on her back. Optimus reaches out and helps Emily to climb on his shoulder. The young woman sits near the head of Optimus, which continues to look at the soldiers with an angry look. Chromia comes forward to speak.

(Chromia), "Now soldiers, go away."

(Soldier): "But we......"

(Ironhide): "SHE SAID NOW!!!"

Soldiers get scared and run away into the forest. Calm returns, and when the Autobots return to camp, Mathias feels responsible and spoke.

(Mathias): "I'm sorry I had gotten away from the camp to call my family, because I'm worried for them."

(Chromia): "It is an honorable careful Mathias, but in the future, you must not go away alone."

(Optimus): "She's right. With the dangers that lurk now, it is dangerous for you and Emily to travel alone."