Chapter 4: Fugitives

Broadcast to all armies of the earth.

Unidentified flying objects were seen in the sky, in two different countries. Soon after their arrival, the city of Oakville, in Canada, and the village of Soulaires, in France, were attacked by an unknown enemy. According to the survivors testimonies, photographs and videos taken at the scene, giant robots would have appeared to fight between them, and have caused terrible damage. The army has analyzed the evidence and concluded that it was not a hoax. It is not known how many people have already died, but the government and the armies are certain of one thing: creatures from another world arrived on our planet, and this could be the start of a war against an enemy we do not know.

End of transmission

A few days have passed. In Canada, the city of Oakville is still reeling from the attack. Residents were evacuated and police cars patrolling the area. On the roads, military trucks and tanks patrolling and are looking for those "unknown enemies from another world."

Emily, Optimus Prime and the other Autobots of the group hid in the forest, in the middle of a remote clearing in the road. Now humans know they are there and they are wanted fugitives. Emily does not know how this will end, but she chose to say nothing. She called her family to tell them she's fine and she's safe with new "friends." Emily is sitting on a rock and waits, watching what the robots do. Ratchet and Jazz are sitting and waiting in silence, while Ironhide and Sideswipe went on patrol in the area to see if the coast is clear. Brains holds the Allspark, and keeps it close to him. Optimus is still standing, looking around him, then he sits down next to Emily. The girl is always impressed by the size of the robot, but she starts to think he's nice, and smiled him.

(Emily): "I wanted to thank you for saving my life, Optimus."

(Optimus): "I do my duty of Autobot: protect the innocents, but I admit that for you, it's not the only reason that prompted me to save your life."

(Emily): "R.....Really?"

(Optimus): "Yes I feel that you are not a person like any other, and you will be brought on to do great things to help this world."

Emily blushed and did not know what to say or how to react to that. But she does not know how she could help the world, and lowers her head, as if she did not trust to herself.

(Emily): "But I'm just a girl of 21 years old."

Optimus turns to her. Slowly, he moves and puts his hand under the chin of Emily, to raise her head and look her into his eyes, in smiling.

(Optimus): "You can do much more than you think, Emily. I have learned not to trust the appearances. Trust me, and more importantly, trust yourself."

Emily also smiled and thanked Optimus. She feels the metal on her chin, and felt a pleasant shiver down her body in contact with the metal of the robot. Ironhide and Sideswipe are returning from the patrol, but they found nothing dangerous in the area. All is well. Then, Optimus receives a message from Chromia on its receptor. The robot pushes a button on his wrist and listened. Chromia voice is heard.

(Chromia): "Optimus. We managed to find the key, but the Decepticons attacked us and they stalk us. We have located your current position and moves towards you right now."

(Optimus): "We also managed. And we saved a human girl who is with us. Her name is Emily. Have you suffered losses?"

(Chromia): "No, and fortunately. We also saved a young human, and he is with us. His name is Mathias."

When Emily heard that name, she looks up and looks surprised. Optimus noticed.

(Emily): "Mathias is one of my friends. We met on Facebook, and after what I know, his village was also attacked by these things, the Decepticons."