Chapter 7: The Trap

The disappearance of Emily and Mathias is reported everywhere, and now the military seek them. Their families were detained and questioned, but they do not know where they are, and it's true. The authorities have decided to put them in custody until they have more information. Other Decepticons attacks have took place in other parts of the world, and each time a military base was attacked and many soldiers have been killed. It seems that the Decepticons are trying to significantly weaken the forces of the earth, before launching the major offensive. In his den, watching the battles, Megatron is sits face to his monitors and seems satisfied. Everything is going as planned, but it still lacks the Allspark to fully succeed his goal. As he looks at his screens, Barricade and Starscream enter the room. They recovered their strength since the fight, but they have failed, and Megatron knows it and turns to them with a dark look.

(Megatron): "So, you failed."

(Starscream): "Forgive us, my lord, but....."

Megatron does not let him finish his sentence and seized him by the throat with violence, as if he wanted to rip his head off. Barricade is intimidated and backs several steps. But Megatron will not kill Starscream because he needs him to lead the troops during the final attack. He let Starscream and throws him to the ground like an old bag.

(Barricade): "By cons, my lord, we have interesting informations about the two humans. Look what our spies have managed to film."

Barricade presses a button and one of the screens shows Mathias kissing Chromia and Emily kissing Optimus in front of the sunset. Seeing this, Megatron looks pretty surprised, but even he starts to giggle quietly and he seems to be thinking.

(Megatron): "Well, this is very interesting, indeed. These humans could be very helpful."

(Starscream): "So what do we do, master?"

The Decepticon Emperor turned to his two generals, and has a cruel and schemer look.

(Megatron): "I just had an idea."

**********

Meanwhile, on the beach, everyone is gathered around the campfire. The night was very quiet and everyone seems good mood. Everyone knows what happened about the kisses, there is no secret. Bumblebee and Ironhide find it a little strange that a Transformer can love a human, and vice versa, but after all, why not, it's not a crime, it's the one true love. Chromia and Mathias are sitting next to each other near the fire. The female Autobot put her arm around the shoulder of Mathias as to cling to him and stay as close as possible. Courtesy of Optimus, Emily is lying on his chest, near his spark, again to feel the heat. Now she and Optimus are together, the heat of the spark still looks nicer for Emily. Optimus sat against the rock, looks Emily and smiled.

(Ironhide): "And what is the plan now?"

(Optimus): "We'll wait for others to join us, then, we will bring the Allspark to our lair and destroy it once and for all."

(Emily): "Destroy it? But it contains the entire history of your race and your world?"

(Chromia): "Yes, but its power is far too big and we can not run the risk that it falling into the wrong hands."

(Mathias):”Megatron, for example.”

All Autobots slowly nod, and Optimus takes the floor again.

(Optimus): "What is best? Leave the Allspark intact and take the risk that our race only lives through the history, or destroy it, and to ensure the existence of future generations? "

Everyone agrees with that Optimus says. Sometimes it is better that the past is erased, but you can always make sure that the future will be better. Emily loves the thinking way of Optimus, and his wisdom. This is one of the reasons who attracted her to him. But suddenly, Optimus receives a message. He presses a button on his wrist, and the voice of Ratchet is heard. It seems in bad shape and in danger.