viii. MURDEROUS VOICES

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

EIGHT
MURDEROUS VOICES

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

          "Any preferences?"

          Carson looked up at Derek and Isaac in annoyance. "You're screwing with me right?"

          Isaac chuckled, digging through the bag. Chains clinked around and he pulled a rather long one out before letting it slip through his fingers. He had a smug smirk covering his lips and Carson so desperately wanted to chuck something at him.

          "Well, you're the one who's going to be chained up all night," the blue eyed beta shrugged. "Might as well have some options for you."

          "Bite me," Carson muttered darkly, before looking back down at her feet.

          She was currently curled up on the spiral stairs of Derek's loft, watching as they made preparations for tonight. Derek was planning to go out to Beacon Hills bank and find Boyd and the girl who was trapped with him. He was most likely going to be bringing Scott with him. Isaac was out of commission and Peter was, you know, insufferable and creepy. Stiles, who was most definitely going to be trailing behind Scott when he got here, was human and automatically crossed off the list of people eligible to go on Derek's death mission.

          And then there was Carson, the newest edition to Team Werewolf. No one had mentioned that she was going, which made perfect sense. First, even if she had the opportunity, she wouldn't want to go anyways. Second, she had absolutely no idea how to fight so pitting her against alphas was an extremely bad idea. And then there was the fact that tonight was her very first full moon.

          Which explained why Derek and Isaac were going through bags of chains in that moment. The three in the loft were going through a bunch of the old stuff that Derek used to keep Boyd, Erica, and Isaac down during their first full moons. But since Isaac no longer needed them, Erica was most likely dead and Boyd was in a vault, they didn't need them. It seemed completely inhumane for Carson to be tied up, but she knew it was the only way tonight could go off without a hitch. Because she was going to be rabid tonight; she was going to be murderous. So if chaining her to walls and radiators saved lives tonight, she'd take it.

          There hadn't been any time for her to prepare for what would happen in the future. The werewolf curse had only been coursing through her veins for a few days and so far, the only things she had experienced was getting tossed into walls and jamming claws through her hands and thighs. Derek and Isaac didn't even bother attempting to coach her on what to do. Any time she asked for a plan, Derek told her to shut up and focus on finding an anchor.

          Because it was all that easy, a small part of her scoffed. How are you supposed to have an anchor when you have nothing?