xxv. TRIAGE INTERNAL

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

TWENTY-FIVE
TRIAGE INTERNAL

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

          "You have to believe us."

          Those were the words that Derek Hale had been greeted with upon returning to his loft. Scott McCall, Carson Bradley, and Stiles Stilinski had sent him nearly fifty text messages along with a handful of voice mails about how it was urgent that he meet up with them as quickly as possible. The older wolf had been hesitant upon leaving Cora alone at the hospital with Peter, considering her condition was uncertain and looking worse by the hour. And then there was the added fact that Cora was going to have to be moved, seeing as power outages were occurring all over Beacon County, the storm brewing outside looking to be a nasty one once it finally hit.

          But three words that were left in one of the voice mails had given him enough of a reason to rush over to his abandoned loft from Beacon Hills Memorial Hospital. Those three words that the teenage trio had informed Derek with?

          Blake's the Darach.

          Derek had been bombarded by the trio the second he slid open the large door to the loft, each teen with their own variation of panic and peril splashed across their features. Scott looked like he was in pain. Carson looked like she was about to faint. Stiles . . . Stiles's eyes kept filling up, on and off. And for good reason, too. Once Derek had managed to get them all to shut up long enough for one singular story to be told of the night's events, it became very clear what was going on. Jennifer Blake, a woman that Derek had trusted, a woman he had thought was different, was shaping up to be no better than his last ex.

          For Blake was the Darach, the dark druid who had been sacrificing countless people in Beacon Hills without a single ounce of mercy. For Blake had attempted to murder Lydia Martin in cold blood tonight. For Blake was the Darach had been held off long enough to change her mind about killing the banshee, only for her to set her sights on Sheriff Stilinski, who she had abducted without leaving so much as a clue as to where she had taken him.

          There was no way of avoiding the truth, not when the evidence and story presented to Derek all pointed to the same thing — Jennifer Blake was a cold hearted killer, practicing human sacrifices. The three teenagers currently in Derek's loft had opened with the words you have to believe us and although it literally pierced the Hale man's heart to do so, he knew that this was something that they wouldn't lie about.

          So now, Derek was waiting in the shadows, with the others hidden from the sparse light in the main room as well. Blake's car had pulled up outside right after Derek had pulled answer out of the trio and it was clear to all four of them what she was here for — to plead her case to Derek and to make herself look to be the innocent little English teacher they all knew she wasn't. In the corner near the door, hidden far out of sight, Stiles was gritting his teeth, Scott seemed to be holding his breath, and Carson's hand was latched tightly onto Stiles's as they waited.