iii. BARELY BREATHING

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

THREE
BARELY BREATHING

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

          It was dark as Stiles, Scott and Carson strolled down the sidewalk of an unfamiliar street.

          Stiles had told his friends that they needed to get away from everything that was happening right now. And apparently the way to do that was to go to a party. Carson had tried to explain to him that the last time they had gone to a party they had ended up being drugged on wolfsbane and hallucinating, but he wouldn't listen.

          She had no idea whose party this was, but Stiles said he knew the person throwing it. It was an odd scenario, because a year ago Carson would have been the one with the invite to a party. She was also under the impression that Stiles didn't have friends whom she didn't know.

          Scott was just as confused with this entire thing, but definitely more annoyed by it all. The look on his face screamed that he didn't want to go to a party. And Stiles definitely noticed.

          "What?" Stiles asked, looking at Scott.

          "What do you mean what?" he replied, looking utterly confused.

          Stiles groaned. "I mean what and you know what," he snapped.

          "What what?" Scott asked.

          Carson's eyebrows rose. "Okay you two are seriously making this a lot more complicated than it needs to be. Stiles happens to be commenting on the look on your face."

          "What look?"

          "There was a distinct look on your face," Stiles clarified. "A look that says the last thing you feel like doing right now is going to a party."

          Scott shrugged. "It's not that. It just seems a little weird, going to another high school's party."

          Carson nodded in agreement, "He's got a point, babe."

          "Oh my God," Stiles groaned, moving his hands in annoyance. "Just one drink, alright you'll be fine Scott. Carson and I went to nursery school with this girl, okay? She promised to — "

          The second he said nursery school and girl, Carson zoned out. She immediately stopped walking, the pieces falling together in her head. Oh no. He wouldn't. He wouldn't take me to her party, right?

          Scott and Stiles noticed that she was no longer in the middle and they stopped and turned around. Stiles's face was soon covered in panic once he saw the glare on her face and the way her arms were crossed.