vi. MONSTROUS REFLECTIONS

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

SIX
MONSTROUS REFLECTIONS

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

          In a perfect world, Carson would be able to avoid school and Stiles as much as she wanted.

          After everything that had happened in the past few days, especially seeing as she just found out her first full moon is fucking tomorrow, she should be allowed to just hide away in Derek's loft. Sure, it was slightly drafty up there and Peter was lurking around in the dark shadows as per usual, but it wasn't all too bad. She seriously just didn't want to have to deal with facing the music. Facing Stiles after the break up was too hard. Telling Allison and Lydia that she was a werewolf would just make all the more real.

          She couldn't take reality right now.

          But seeing as she was Carson freaking Bradley, the coin was never meant to fall in her favor. She was never supposed to have a perfect life after that night in the woods during sophomore year. Scott's bite had triggered a chain of events that eventually infiltrated her life. This is how she found herself in the passenger seat of Derek's car, heading towards Beacon Hills High School.

          "I don't see why this is necessary," she muttered in annoyance. Her arms hugged her bag to her chest as she huffed besides the sour wolf.

          He cocked an eyebrow at her. "Scott wanted to talk."

          Only moments after Peter had dumped the information of Deucalion's plans for the upcoming full moon, Scott had called. He said that he needed to meet with Derek and that it was urgent. She could pick up the sound of his voice over the phone and she was pretty sure he mentioned something about Lydia and Allison and a bruise. Carson had no idea how those three things connected at all and why it was so dire for Derek to get his leather jacket wearing ass down to the school. She also didn't know why Derek wanted to drag her along. Apparently he was under the impression that she was going to be his new right hand woman now that she's a beta.

          "Yes, to you. Not me. I don't really need to be here."

          "You just don't want to see Stiles."

          She let out a giant breath she didn't know she was holding before shooting him a glare. "No, I just think its bad idea for me to go to school now that the alpha pack had decided to turn me into a walking ticking time bomb."

          Derek just gave her a look that said he didn't buy a word of what she said.

          "Piss off," she muttered. "And seriously, why did you get this car? The Camaro was so much more badass. I feel like I'm sitting a freaking Prius."