vii. INEXPLICABLY NUMB

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

SEVEN
INEXPLICABLY NUMB

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

          "So let me get this straight," Isaac started as he and Carson trailed behind Derek in the parking lot of the veterinarian office. "You went nuts in Coach's class, told him to shove a quarter up his ass and then almost forced yourself to bleed out on the floor of the girl's locker room all because Stiles had a condom in his pocket?"

          Carson glowered at the curly haired boy. "Shut up," she muttered, shoving at his shoulder.

          She had been having what could definitely be considered the worst week of anyone's life. So far, in the span of four days might she add, she had witnessed her boyfriend kissing the girl that she's hated since preschool. Then Carson decided it would be a grand idea to take the long way home when in retrospect, she probably could have gotten a ride off of Lydia. Said long trip home involved her going through the woods where she was attacked by an alpha pack and turned into a freaking werewolf.

          Now that aforementioned boyfriend has an ex tacked on to the front of it, she's currently staying with three people who a year ago were on the other side of the battle. And again, she was a freaking werewolf.

          If Stiles and Carson hadn't been broken up, she probably would have been able to handle that last thing. Maybe she would have been able to make it through this terrible transformation and maybe she wouldn't have to stay with Derek Hale. But Stiles made his choices and she was forced to make her own. And the repercussions of her choices meant that it was nearly impossible for her to be in the same room as Stiles without blowing up and having a giant freak out.

          So of course when all she wanted to do was lock herself away in her room at Derek's place and listen to every sad song she owned on replay, she was granted with the amazing opportunity to spend even more time with her ex-boyfriend.

          Apparently Deaton, local vet slash Scott's mysterious boss slash supernatural extraordinaire had an idea of how to get Isaac to remember what had occurred the night he supposedly found Erica and Boyd. Peter's method of retrieving information had been less than helpful, considering the former alpha was only able to pick out bits and pieces of the memories. They needed an answer of where they were and fast. Because the one thing Peter had been able to pick out from the memories he clawed out of Isaac was that Deucalion was planning something and that the two betas he took from Derek would be dead by the next full moon.

          And the full moon was tomorrow.

          Speaking of the full moon being tomorrow, Carson was insanely screwed. She had completed the transformation from human to werewolf only seventy two hours ago, meaning that her first full moon was tomorrow. It had yet to start affecting her, but she was fairly certain it was going to be a bitch to deal with. She had witnessed Scott on a few occasions when he was first starting out as a werewolf and it was never a pretty sight. He became cruel and vicious and Stiles had been forced to handcuff him to a radiator, which he had ultimately gotten free of. But then again that was more of Stiles' fault for thinking a pair of handcuffs could restrain one hundred and sixty pounds of muscled boy with superpowers.