Chapter 4: A Lasting Effect

The day went on, Sidney was sitting at the porch of his house. He reflected on his life and what he accomplished. Sidney soon heard something beside him, it was his son Seymour. Sidney smiles at him, Seymour turns to his father and said "dad can I ask you something?" Sidney said "of course, anything," Seymour said "I keep having a recurring dream, it involved mom and a lot of bad stuff. I just remember always being cradled by you towards when I wake up. Is there anything behind that?" Seymour looks up at his father, Sidney sighed and said "there is" Sidney recollects on what occurred that night. The carnage, the bloodshed from all around. Sidney felt his knees as he regained pain from them like before. Seymour said, "what does it mean dad?" Sidney said "come on, let's head to the garden." Sidney got up and began walking with Seymour to the garden. Sidney said "I wanted to keep this talk until you were older but since it's reoccurring, the night occurred when you were barely a few months old, your mother and I were having some issues. That night was the night of the theatre's first chance to get a full television show. Until the carnage occurred, I was shot in the knees trying to save you and got to you eventually. I'm not sure what happened to your mother but I do know she'd be proud of you for coming so far." Sidney smiles and rubs Seymour's head. Seymour said "so I was in the carnage of it all?" Sidney nodded slightly and soon said "after that all I thought was to keep you safe and make sure you have a good role model. It took me out of the acting light but I felt it was worth it." Seymour said "wow, that's very deep dad." Sidney said "it is son, a lot of things are like that." Soon the doorbell rang, Sidney walks with Seymour inside. Sidney answers the door to be met with his brother. Sidney said "hey Spencer, how goes it?" Spencer said "been going okay, Can we talk for a little bit?" Sidney said "of course." Seymour was in his room, Sidney and Spencer are in the living room. Spencer said "do you remember that night still?" Sidney said "very dearly, why do you ask?" Spencer said "I was able to receive the tapes from the network since I had to look over who might've been killed. I sneaked the tapes out to talk to you about them. I figured out what happened to your *swing*." Sidney said "you mean Sandy?" Spencer nodded and puts in the tape. Sidney has the volume off so Seymour couldn't hear it. Sidney watches the television and saw when Sandy's head blew off. He remembered the night so clearly from his perspective. Now seeing when he ran for Seymour, seeing he was the reason for Sandy's downfall. Sidney said "oh god" Spencer puts a hand on him and said "don't worry Sidney, you didn't know, it was so much carnage." Sidney leans back in his chair and said "how many others died that night?" Spencer said "it was estimated to be roughly 20-25 murders. All done by Heidi." Sidney said "oh my." Spencer said "I'm so sorry you had to look at that, I just felt you should know." Sidney said "I need to make sure Seymour doesn't find out about this or the tapes. It would scar him." Spencer took the tape out and said "understood" he puts the tape back in his jacket. Sidney said "was there anything else you wanted to tell me?" Spencer said "nope that was all, just make sure to give Seymour only the best, after all I don't think he'd want to know anything about that night." Sidney said "he knows a little, but I haven't said anything major to him." Spencer said "see you later Sid." Spencer walks out and Sidney closes the door. Sidney went back to Seymour.