Chapter 15

HOW IS EVERYONE TODAY?

THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<3333333333333333333333333333333333

_________________________________________________________________

*DRACO’S P.O.V*

A grin graced my lips as I heard Emma enter the house. It was our last night together before i move back in with my parents. I had planned on making it special. A candlelit dinner, a romantic movie, and to top it off hot tea and snuggling in bed. Yes. I really am whipped. “Babe! I’m in the kitchen,” I called out as I set the dinner table with it’s finishing touches. Emma soon enters the kitchen. “Hey, how was school?” I ask.

“I cheated on you,” She lets the words slip past her lips. Then she immediately puts her hand over her mouth.

“W-what?” I stutter in awe. What did she mean she cheated on me? How could she do this? She removes her hand from her mouth slowly.

“It just happened. I couldn’t resist,” Her eyes widen in shock, but her tone is so relaxed. What the hell is going on here?

“Couldn’t resist who?” I seethed starting to get angry. Did she ever stop to think about our family? What are we going to tell the kids?

“Micah. I’m in love with him.”

Each word was like a bullet in my heart. “You know what?” I growled. Her whole body started to shake. Part of my wanted to comfort her and the other half of me wanted to get out of here as soon as possible. “Not everything is about you Emma. This was so selfish,” I state firmly. Tears stream down her face as she stands in front of me still as strikingly beautiful as the first day I laid my eyes on her. She looks vulnerable, but I know this is just part of her act.

“Draco I-”

“Save it. I’m sure Micah would love to listen,” I sneer. My eyes watch as she helplessly falls to the ground, sobbing. “I’ll be back for my things.”

*EMMA’S P.O.V.*

My legs simply couldn’t carry me more than three feet. I needed my potions book. I will get my potions book. My right hand reached out for my bag that was lying by the front door. I just barely missed it. Fate can be so cruel. My body gave up as I collapsed on the floor of the foyer. I had enough strength to roll over on my back, so at least I could breath easier. All of the sudden the front door opened. With my position I couldn’t see the intruder. “...Draco?” I breathed laboriously. Then, a deep chuckle rang throughout the house.

“No, love. But I can see you’ve already ruined your life. You tried to fight the curse to much. That’s why you're so exhausted.”

Micah. That bastard. He walked around my head so I could see his tall frame. He smirked. “Fuck... you,” I groaned lightly.

“As far as Draco knows you already did, babe,” Micah snorted. “And if you want to get any better you should probably stop talking. You’re just wasting more of your energy,” He comments. I glare daggers at him, but he just laughs. How can someone be this evil. Who raised him? A pack of wolves? “Well I just stopped by to make sure you got the job done. Looks like you did pretty well to me. No sign of your fiance. Now make sure you don’t try to talk to him anymore, it will only make it worse. See you tomorrow, Emma,” Micah grinned. I listened to his footsteps, and then the slamming of my front door. Ok, I just need to focus on getting stronger, then I can get my potions book and see if there is a cure for this. I knew something like this would happen. I just knew it. Draco and I can never just have a normal life, we always come across crazy guys that try to come between us for various reasons. All I want is for Draco to hold me right now. But of course that won’t happen, so I’ll just sleep.

I woke up five hours later in at about eleven at night. My body was almost back to normal. I was just extremely sore. My feet carried me over to my bag where I grabbed my potions book from. Now I just figure out how to fix this.

*DRACO’S P.O.V.*

“That doesn’t sound like Emma at all Draco. Are you sure she was ok?” Harry asks again. I swirl my spoon around in my teacup. As soon as word got to Harry about Emma cheating on me, he came straight to the Manor to get my side of the story. Apparently he tried to visit Emma but she wasn’t home, and she wouldn’t answer any of his letters. Probably because she was embarrassed. I would be too if I did what she did to this family. My fists clenched as I told myself not to cry. Can you blame me? I was in love with her. Hell, I’m still in love with her. She was my whole life. Her smile lit my days, now all my days seem dark. It was going into the fourth week of Emma and I’s break up. She hasn’t tried to contact me once. Not even to discuss child custody.

“She was crying, but who wouldn’t when you have to break news like that to someone,” I groan rubbing my face.

“I know this must be hard for you. But this could just be a phase shes going through. You know she loves you,” Harry says. I shook my head.

“She said she was in love with him.”

“What?” Harry asks, shocked.

“You heard me,” I said bitterly. “I’m sorry mate. It’s just really hard for me to talk about. She means the world to me. And the way things are looking, I think the kids might grow up without a mother.”

“No I won’t allow that,” Harry states. “We will get ahold of her Draco. Maybe she’s just as shocked as you are. Now are you sure no one could have cursed her to say these things. Does she have any enemies?”

“Unless Jesse came back from the dead, no,” I answer.

“Ok. We will figure this out Draco. I promise you.”

*

“Hey you,” A sweet voice called. I turned around from where I was putting together a small puzzle with the twins. Ginny was standing in the door of the twins room.

“Hey Ginny,” I smiled half heartedly. “What are you doing here?”

“Checking up on you, and taking a shift with the twins so you can have some time alone. I know you might need it,” Ginny says half smiling. She was right. I hated crying infront of the twins. She crosses the room to sit down next to me. My eyes blink the tears back as Ginny puts her arm around my shoulders.

“I feel as though she’s died,” I blurt out. I hear Ginny sigh deeply as she pulls me closer.

“We are all here for you Draco. Now go get some sleep,” Ginny commands me. I nod and quickly stand on my feet. I walk out of the kids room and down the hall to my own. My heart aches as my back hits my door. There can’t be a feeling worse than this. If there is I never wish to know it. I wouldn’t even wish this pain on my greatest enemy. My eyes traveled to the moving photograph on my bedside table. I slowly traveled over to it. Picking it up in my hands and observing the life within it. Emma’s cheeks flushed pink as my lips kissed her, my hands on her pregnant belly, when we pulled apart grins were painting on our lips. We looked at each other as if it was the first time we’d ever seen each other.

I watched it play over and over, until finally a tear fell onto the photograph.