Chapter 14

THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<333333333333333333333333333

__________________________________________

The rest of the holiday is amazing after Draco and I swept our differences under the rug for now. It was really great to be able to celebrate with almost our whole family. Brook and Scorp got a lot of cool toys from their grandparents, aunts, and uncles. I don’t get to say it enough but I’m really proud to be part of the Malfoy-Potter-Weasley family. Quick! Someone come up with a ship name for it. Anyway, Draco and I are now back in London and the same old routine. As soon as I got home from school I was exhausted and all I wanted to do was sleep. Unfortunately Draco had other plans. No not like that you pervert. “Emma!” Draco called up to me from the kitchen.

“Shit. Halfway up the stairs. So close,” I whisper under my breath as I turn around. My feet drag me into the kitchen much to my overloaded brains protest. “What?” I ask in a slightly annoyed tone as I stand in the kitchen door frame. Draco turns around from his position at the stove and raises an eyebrow. Behind him a see a skillet is on the stove. “Why are you cooking at four thirty in the afternoon?”

“We have company coming over for dinner at five. That’s why,” Draco answers raising an eyebrow.

“Oh my God Draco. You can’t just fucking invite people over without telling me,” I groan running a hand over my face.

“I’m telling you right now,” Draco rebuttals.

“Who is it?”

“Who else would it be?”

“Oh my gosh Draco,” I whine all but stomping my feet. “I’m so tired today and haven’t we helped them enough?”

“Emma Potter! They are our friends. I’m sure they wouldn’t mind if you just slept though, I’ll explain-”

“No, Draco. I have to be down here now,” I grumble.

“Come here, babe,” Draco smiles. Although there has been tension since our little discussion on Christmas Eve, Draco has easily avoided the situation. I think he doesn’t want to bring it up for fear that it will become a reality. I shuffle over to him and allow him to hold me in his arms. He kisses the top of my head. “I love you.”

“I love you too you idiot,” I mumble. Draco chuckles, and I love the feeling of his chest rumbling against my cheek. Sooner than later Micah and Zoe show up at our door. We all sit down to eat the yummy looking stir fry that Draco made. The conversation flows well throughout the duration of the dinner. We all also have a conversation for a half an hour after everyone was done eating.

“I have to show Micah this cool broom I saw in this months issue of Brooms for Men. Excuse us ladies,” Draco says. Both the boys get up and exit the room.

“So spill. Is Micah the one?” I ask smiling. Zoe blushes her eyes darting away.

“He’s super sweet and everything, but I don’t know if I’m ready for another serious relationship,” Zoe admits.

“Well you should tell him that. I’m sure he’ll understand and respect your decision. You guys look super cute together if that sways your opinion in anyway,” I say smiling. Zoe giggles shaking her head.

“Thanks Emma. You’re too sweet. How about you and Draco? Still as strong as ever?” Zoe inquires. A smile lights my face as I look down at my empty plate, and then back up at Zoe.

“Definetly. Stronger than we’ve ever been.”

*MICAH’S P.O.V.*

The next day after the dinner at the Malfoy-Potter household I got an owl from Zoe saying she needed to talk to me. Yes, since Zoe and I are getting pretty serious I bought her an owl so we can communicate the way I’m familiar with. I didn’t think much of it when I showed up on Zoe’s doorstep like I’ve done so many times this past week. Little did I know today would not be a good day. “Sit down, please,” Zoe asks gesturing to the couch. We both sit on the couch at the same time. “I think you know we are getting pretty serious.”

“Yeah.”

“And I want to explain this to you before you become to… dedicated for lack of a better word.”

My eyebrows scrunch up in confusion. “What?”

“I’m really not ready to move on. I think we should take a break so that I don’t become too attached,” Zoe explains. My heart drops at her words.

“What exactly does that make this?” I ask moving my hand in between her and I.

“Currently, just for now, not a thing,” Zoe says carefully.

“What the hell brought this on?” I ask. Anger beginning to boil in my veins.

“Well Emma and I were talking and she said I should tell you what I’m feeling!” She cries. Of course I should have guessed. Emma loves to ruin other peoples happiness.

“I’m gonna go,” I say through gritted teeth. As I stand up to walk out of the house Zoe grabs onto my arm. My head turns around and my eyes meet hers.

“I’m really sorry Micah,” Zoe says softly. I want to respond, I really do, but I have more important things to do right now. My feet carry me to the door and through it. An anger burned in my heart like I’ve never experienced before. This hurt more than I’d ever thought it would. Maybe I liked Zoe a lot more than I thought I did.

*DRACO’S P.O.V.*

My fingers turn the page of the book I’m pretending to read. Quill scratches fill the room. My eyes flicker up to watch Emma quickly scratching down answers to essay questions on her Potions homework. Clenching my jaw and then relaxing it, I open my mouth to say something, and then I close it abruptly. It’s been on my mind since Christmas. Staying at my parents while still working so the twins can have one of their parents in their life. At first I had thought Emma just wanted to get rid of me, but then I realized she was just thinking about what is best for our children and their future. I just have to say it. “Let’s compromise,” I say, breaking the quill scratching silence. Emma turns around from her desk with a look on her face that I know all too well. The “what the hell are you talking about” look. Classic.

“What the hell are you talking about?” She asks. See? I know her too well.

“Me staying at my parents house. Lets make a compromise.”

“Ok. I’m listening.”

“I get to spend the weekends here, with you,” I say. Emma looks at me for a moment. Then she smiles.

“Fine,” She grins. I know she’s only happy because she got her way, even if there was a small compromise. Although she has been compromising for me our whole relationship.

“I’ll leave in two days,” I sigh.

“Draco. It’ll be fine. We’ll be fine. We always are.”

*EMMA’S P.O.V.*

It’s hard to walk around the halls of Merlin Academy when you’re extremely tired. The place is big enough already, not to mention I got four hours of sleep last night. I internally groan as the bell rings. I’m late and at least three minutes from the class I need to get to. Thankfully I spot Micah halfway down the hall. “Micah! Hey!” I wave frantically. He turns around and looks slightly angry for some reason. I suppose he must have gotten a bad mark on something. Micah runs down the hall towards me and stops abruptly about a foot away from me. “Whoa. What’s your deal today?” I ask laughing.

“You’re. A. Fucking. Bitch.” He seethes through his teeth.

“Ok so something is definitely wrong,” I say my smile fading.

“Yeah. You’re an idiot,” Micah scoffs.

“Micah what's wrong? Why are you acting like a jerk?” I ask.

“Maybe because you ruined my relationship,” He hisses.

“What! I didn’t do anything!”

“You’re literally such an ignorant ass!” Micah exclaims.

“So what are you going to do? Just stand here and cuss me out?” I ask angry.

“No I’ll do much worse!” Micah growls. I watch as he points it at me and whispers something. Well shit.

“What did you just do?” I exclaim.

“What you did to me. That spell will ruin your relationship. Trust me.”