Chapter 12

THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<3333333333333333333333333333333333333

________________________________________

*EMMA’S P.O.V.*

After mine and Draco’s deep conversation, the next few weeks were pure paradise. Of course I missed the kids, but due to Draco and I’s irresponsibility when we were younger we never got to have a normal teenage life. Well I suppose Draco’s life isn’t that normal because he works nine to five, but still. We’ve got to do normal couple-y things like cuddling and watching a movie on friday nights, and its amazing to not be interrupted by the screams of a child that has fallen. Also Micah and Zoe have hit it off. I think it’s fantastic, because we can now go on double dates. Draco isn’t to thrilled about that. Draco and I have been saving up our money like crazy. We haven’t gone out once since the kids went to Malfoy Manor. I think that if we keep progressing like this we will have enough money saved in two to three months. “Emma, honey. Where are you babe?” Draco’s voice rings out through the quiet house.

“In the kitchen baby,” I call back. My quill presses back down to the parchment as I answer another question on my homework. When I finish answering the question Draco walks in. I set my quill down and turn towards him. “What’s up?”

“Christmas is soon. Like really soon,” Draco tells me. He walks towards me and leans on the kitchen table in front of me.

“What’s the date today?”

“The twentieth,” Draco answers.

“Shit.”

“Yeah.”

“We are going home in two days!” I exclaim. “I have exams tomorrow! How did I not see this coming!” My breathing gets sporadic as I start to panic. I have so much to do before we leave to go home for two weeks.

“Calm down Em,” Draco chuckles. “I’ll do all the Christmas shopping so you don’t have to worry. Just study for your exams. If you fail them there is no damn point in us being here.” I nod in agreement. “So get back to studying. I’m going to go start that shopping,” Draco winks. I roll my eyes as my attention travels back to my homework. Quickly, I finish the homework sheet before getting out all my textbooks to re-read. My study session seems to last hours, but finally Draco comes back through that kitchen door. His arms are full of bags that he dumps on the floor. I give him a look, but he ignores me.

“You seriously are not going to leave those there are you?” I scold him.

“Don’t worry about it, you need to take a break from studying anyway,” He says smirking. I watch him suspiciously as he gets closer to me. He bends down and gently brushes his lips against mine.

“I guess I could use a break,” I breath. I feel Draco smirk against my lips. Then we took a very long break.

*

“Do you have everything?”

“We are only going to be gone for two weeks Em, not a month.”

“I know, but you’re very forgetful and I don’t want to hear you complain the whole time if you forgot something.”

Draco glares at me, “We are going home, not out of the country.”

I stick my tongue out at him, “Well let’s get going then,” I grab my luguage and then I apparate to my home. Everyone switches off houses every year. This year it’s at my dads. Next it will be at Malfoy Manor, and then a the Burrow. When I arrive the first thing I see is Lucius and Narcissa with my children. I almost jump for joy when I see my babies. “Emma!” Narcissa says happily. “We’ve been waiting for you.”

I smile politely, “It’s great to see you two again,” after these words leave my mouth Draco appears by my side. Narcissa and Lucius set Brook and Scorp down on the floor, I immediately sit down with them.

“Mum, dad,” I hear Draco’s voice swell. I smile at the happiness in his voice, before returning my attention to my children.  

“Hi babies! Did you miss mummy?” I ask them. They both nod in response. “Mummy loves you so much,” I coo as a grip them both into a hug.

“Come on it’s daddy’s turn,” Draco grins. I let the two kids go, and then I stand up as Draco crouches down.

“Do you know where my dad is?” I ask Narcissa.

“He’s in the kitchen I believe,” Narcissa answers.

“Thanks mum,” I smile. Quickly, I hug them both before I move into the kitchen. “Dad?” I ask the room. My dad pops up from behind the island bringing a pan up with him.

“This is one of the days I’m so happy I’m a wizard. Without your mother here I’d be so lost cooking dinner as a muggle,” My dad jokes. A smile spreads onto my face. I run to hug him, nearly knocking the wind out of both of us as I did so. “Whoa, I missed you too Emma,” He chuckles. I pull back and blink my tears back.

“I missed you so much,” I sigh.

“You just saw me a couple months ago,” He chuckled.

“I know, but it’s times like these when we were all together that I took for granted with mum. I don’t want to do that with you too,” I explain. My dad nodded solemnly.

“I understand darling. Man do I understand. I definitely took precious moments like all of us being together as a family for granted. You all are my world. I want you to know that,” He explained.

“I know dad,” I say grinning. “When are the others getting in, and where is Sirius?”

“Tomorrow, and he’s upstairs taking his evening nap,” My dad snorts.

“Evening nap? What is he a sloth?”

“Might as well be.”

I turn around so fast I swear I should’ve gotten whiplashed. Sirius leans against the doorframe of the kitchen and I attack him in a hug. “I missed you!” I exclaim.

“Alright Em,” Sirius chuckles as he pulls back, “I missed you too hun,” Sirius grins.

“How are your studies?” My dad asks.

“She’s probably not studying much James! Let’s be honest she’s living the college life, going to parties, skipping classes, stuff like that,” Sirius smirks.

“I’ve passed all my exams,” I smile proudly.

“Nerd,” Sirius mutters.

“Hey!” I protest, hitting him playfully on the arm.

“Don’t hate the player hate the game,” Sirius rebuttals.

“Who do you even think you are!” My dad and I say at the same time.

“Whoa that was weird,” Sirius comments.

“Whatever just someone help me with dinner,” My dad pleaded. So reluctantly Sirius and I helped my dad, and by Sirius and I, I mean I helped while Sirius watched.

*

By the end of the night Draco and I were in my old room with the twins in their old cribs fast asleep. I lay with my head on Draco’s chest as he runs his hands through my hair. A task that always seems to put me to sleep. “Whenever we have a good streak something bad happens,” I comment yawning.

“What do you mean?” Draco asks confused.

“Our lives will go really good for a while and then something terrible will happen,” I explain further.

“That was when Voldemort was alive babe. Our world is totally different now,” Draco reassures me. I flinch at the sound of his name and I take a deep breath in as my eyes close. I just have a bad feeling. When I have a bad feeling it’s never good.