Chapter 19

Zoey:

Sounds of movement shatter the peaceful sleep I've been enjoying so much. Annoyed with this unwanted interruption, I turn over onto my side and hopelessly try to block out the offending noises. A hand comes to rest on my cheek, a loving and calm touch. My sluggish brain struggles to process what is going on.

"Wake up, princess." A voice cooed into my ear.

Groaning in annoyance, I swat away the hand that's touching me.

"Come on Zoey. We don't have time for this!" A rather familiar voice huffs in annoyance. Abruptly I feel myself become airborne, only to crash onto the bed again. The air knocked out of my lungs causes my eyes to snap open. Only one person would dare to do that. One reckless gangster.

"Daddy!" i whine, as I finally regain my breath.

"You have to come along princess, before your brother kills your future." what the heck is that supposed to mean? I look up in time to see my father striding out of the room, no doubt expecting me to follow like a good pup.

I have absolutely no idea what is going on, yet i scramble out of bed and follow my parent nonetheless. Nearly having to run to keep up with his long strides. Perks of being a short girl. Not.

Rounding the corner I am greeted with a rather familiar figure. But I can't be certain of the identity considering he has his back to me. but I'm sure I've seen this person somewhere. For a brief moment, i stand there observing him. The way he moves, the way he holds himself. At the end of it and the familiarity of his voice as he shouts at someone, I'm about a hundred percent certain that it is none other than Alec. Without conscious thought, my feet begin moving forward and I find myself directly behind the mysterious man.

Tentatively, I reach out and place a hand on his back. The instant calmness in his demeanour tells me that's its Alec. Sighing in relief, I move forward and wrap my arms around him, with him still facing away from me.

"Don't you touch her!" booms an eerily familiar voice.

Peeking out from behind Alec's mile-wide back, I'm greeted with the glorious sight of a thoroughly enraged sibling. Red in the face, arms in the air as he passionately gestures to emphasise a point, deadly glare emitting from his blue orbs.

"Percy!" my happiness at finally meeting my brother after months overrides the fact that this isn't exactly an ideal situation.

"Zoey! Get away from him!" he shouts back.

"Well I missed you too." I mutter inaudibly, or so I thought.

"This is no time for your sarcasm!" Percy literally growls at me.

"Don't you dare shout at my mate!" growls an equally (if not more for my sake) Alec. Stepping away from me he advances onto Percy.

"She's my sister! I can say whatever I want to!"

"My mate!"

"My sister!"

"Mate!"

"Sister!"

"Mate!"

"Sist-"

"Nutella!" I blurt.

Both men instantly swivel around to face me. Identical looks of disbelief and confusion on their faces. Shrugging sheepishly, I fidget about as they continue staring at me.

"I thought we were throwing about random words." I beam at them.