Chapter 11

Hey guys! Sorry for the delay, kind of ran out of the will to write and ideas for all my stories. Hope y'all like this.

Please vote, comment, follow and share the book with your friends. :)

-ih8nuts

Zoey's P.O.V

Currently Alec has taken me to what I assume is the living room, judging from the sound of the television in the background. It's been about fifteen minutes since I've been sitting on his lap with my head buried in that wide expanse of muscle, otherwise known as Alec's chest. I know I'm a chicken, but I am deathly afraid of dogs since the accident back when I was five years old.

One of my father's gang members, had brought along a dog to the house, it was huge, resembled a wolf from its appearance from what I can recall. Probably was an Alsatian, or maybe a German shepherd. I may never know, anyway, back to the point. Since none of the gang members knew of my existence back then, the dog - not knowing me - went into defensive mode and let's just say, it scared the shit out of me. Ever since then I've been so afraid of dogs. From a measly Chihuahua, to a Saint Bernard.

Any dog. You name it, and I'm terrified of it.

Which brings us to my current episode of clinging to this poor soul like an anaconda. Slowly squeezing the life out of this sucker. Ha. I wish. That would top the insanely amazingly cool things chart though.

So everytime I try to move away to see the dog and possibly escape to another room, a menacing growl sounds in the room. Making me stuff my face back in the rock wall disguised as Alec's torso. I don't know how, but Alec seems to be extremely calm and collected in this entire situation. I mean if I were him; I'd have thrown off the crazy chick and ran as far from her as I could.

"Get the dog away from me." I whimper into his chest.

"Hey, don't insult me!" Protests Alec.

"I'm not! I'm not! I just want the dog away from me!" I defend myself.

"I said don't insult me!" He gasps, outraged.

"I did not insult you! " I seethe. Lifting my head to glare at the offending creature in front of me.

A menacing growl resonates through the room. One loud whimper and a shriek of terror later, I'm back to where I started. Head buried in Alec's chest, eyes squeezed shut, hands clutching onto his shirt for dear life.

"Hey don't be scared. Nothing's going to harm you." Alec's chest vibrates beneath my face, arms tightening around me as his deep voice rumbles through the room.

"So says the kidnapper." I mutter.

"What did you say?" From the uncomfortable tightening of his arms around me, I can judge that he isn't very pleased with my comment.

"You kidnap me and then reassure me that nothing's going to happen, that's just confusing and downright weird." I speak up.

"Well that was before I knew."

"Knew of what? My dog phobia?" Lifting my head up, I gasp in outrage, "You kidnap me, making my family worry about my safety endlessly as I'm not with them. And then you have the audacity to act like you give a shit about my welfare? Just who do you think you are? Nothing! That's what! Not even better than the dirt underneath my shoe! Heck even that's better than you! Why I ou-" I'm interrupted mid-rant by a loud and terrifying growl coming from somewhere close by. Oh my gosh. The dog!

I'm sure you all could guess what happened next. Cue the boa constrictor like grip, face hiding and whimpers of terror.

I truly am pathetic. How could I forget the dog?

The sudden opening and closing of a door makes my body go stiff and tense as a thought strikes me.

This dog can open doors?

"Uhh...dude? What's going on?" Spoke a familiar male voice. Where have I heard this voice before?

Obviously it was a person. What dog can open doors? I swear, I'm getting dumber day by day.

Feeling Alec's body tense under me, his arms caging me in. Basically squishing me too his chest. Even if I tried, I'm pretty sure I would be able to move and discover the identity of the man.

"I'm sorry, did I allow you to be in the same air space as what belongs to me?" Snaps Alec.

Wonder what Alec's talking about.