Chapter 16

Sorry for the long wait. Swamped with school work. This chapter will probably be the only update this month. I have test week coming up, so got to study. :(

Will update asap. :)

-ih8nuts

Alec:

"Ghost, come here!" Hollered Zoey from somewhere inside the house. Groaning in frustration, I pull myself off the green grass I had previously been lying down on, and trudge inside the house. I follow her scent to the kitchen and lean against the doorway, gazing at my beautiful girl.

Ever since I had revealed to Zoey my true nature, I've been so confused. I was told to expect her to be scared of me and to be extra gentle and careful around her till she got used to the idea. But here, its the exact opposite. She's requested me to show my wolf form to her about three times so far. And I only told her this morning. Also she keeps calling me these weird names, like Ghost and direwolf. I don't know if I'll ever understand what she's been talking about mostly.

Sometimes I think that even though we had been born in the same century and were pretty much brought up the same way as well, she seems to be in a dimension of her own at all times. And I absolutely adore that.

"Yes?" I speak after a bit of staring at her like a love-struck puppy.

She jumps about 3 feet in the air as soon as I speak. How could I have surprised her, when she called me over? Shaking my head, I look at her expectantly.

"So anyway, Ghost, I was thinking that we should -"

"My name is not ghost. Its Alec. Learn it and use it." I grit out.

"But Ghost is my favourite direwolf and the wolf-you reminds me of him!"

"Was that supposed to make sense?"

"And the human you reminds me of Jon Snow." She blatantly ignores me.

What on earth is she talking about? Who is JON SNOW and what is a fucking direwolf?

"What wouldn't I give for a night with Jon Snow." She sighs dreamily, bringing me out of my thoughts.

Growling menacingly, I step forward and yank her to me. Without a second thought, I envelope the struggling girl in my grip in a tight hug. Breathing her scent to calm myself down.

No Jon fucking Snow is coming near my girl.

She struggles for a few moments, but eventually gives up and goes limp in my hold.

"So anyway, I have decided. When you are a wolf, I shall call you Ghost. And when you're human, Jon Snow. Or Lord Snow!" She squeals into my chest.

Involuntarily, I growl and back a few steps away from her. Fighting for control against my feral side. It can make me go a little bloodthirsty when in control, not something Zoey should ever see. But its too strong, especially since this is a matter concerning Zoey. Mere moments later, I find myself out of control of my own brain. Hallelujah.

"Mention Jon Snow one more time and I will make you regret your existence." Growls my feral side, which is me, but alot less merciful.

Tears well up in Zoey's beautiful eyes. Freezing me in place. Both myself and my feral nature froze, not knowing what to do. Her tears shocked and angered me at the same time. My girl should never ever cry. Sniffling sounds caused me to snap, with a surge of power I don't know I was capable of creating, I yanked back control and rushed to her side. Enveloping her in a warm hug.

"Shh. Shh. You can call me any name you like sweetheart. Just don't cry. I'll do anything for you. Anything. Name it and its yours. But please don't cry!" I coo to her as I hold her in my embrace, her face hidden in my chest.

Eventually the crying stops and I let out a relieved breath. I never want to experience that again. Ever.

"Alec?" Squeaks the most adorable voice on the planet.

"Yes, darling?" I sigh happily.

"Did you mean what you just said? About doing anything for me?"

"Of course! Name it and I'll do it!" I reassure her.

"Okay." Scrunching up her face in thought, she leans back while still locked inside the cage of my arms, and stares up at me. "I want you to...watch all my favourite movies with me. Now."

"Sure thing." Pulling away from her, I grab her wrist and rush into the living room. Turning on the television, I put my arm around her and pull her to my chest, getting comfortable.

"What do you want to watch?" I ask my beauty.

"The dark knight, first. Then the Dark knight Rises. Christian Bale is so hot in these movies." She sighs dreamily.

"Oh hell no. I can't bear you drooling over or even thinking about another man in front of me. I'll go feral. Pick something else."

"All eight Harry Potter movies first. Then we can move on to the other series." She smiles up at me.

"Fine. No crushes in this series, right?"

"No." She answers. "Just obsessions." She mutters under her breath and snickers.

"What was that?" I growl. My anger rising to the surface as my feral nature.

"Calm yourself, its nothing." She pats my cheek while staring straight ahead at the television screen.

As soon as her soft hand comes in contact with my cheek, all my anger washes away. How pathetic am I? She didn't even look my way and I'm all calmed down by a simple touch.

I feel like a pansy.

"Watch the movie, Ghost." She snaps at me, seeing that I'm staring at the floor while lost in thought.

Again with the Ghost shit?

"Fine." I mutter even as I let a low growl escape.

Suddenly Zoey pauses the movie and twists around in my grip to come mere inches away from my face. Her eyes boring into mine.

"Growl at me again and I will have to feed you to Ghost." She snaps.

"From what I recall -and do correct me if I'm wrong- Ghost is the name you have given my wolf. Since we are one in the same thing. It means I am Ghost. You can't feed me to me."

"Are you sure, we could always give it a try."