Chapter 12

Hope y'all enjoy the chapter.

-ih8nuts

-Isaac Anderson:

Its been almost one entire day and we have no idea what happened to my baby girl.

The possibility of it happening in school has been dismissed, considering that she had come home and then vanished from here. I just hope that wherever she is, she's safe.

I've called my son back from his business meeting. I need every single mind I can get here to help me locate my girl. I know instinctively that this is not a case of her running away, but a kidnapping. My little girl is way too smart to leave without resources like money and clothes and since nothing is missing, so it leaves only possibility; kidnapping.

"Sir." A voice calls out. My head snaps up to see Larry.

"What?" I growl out, in no mood for pleasantries.

"Our informant in the Black Diamond gang has checked in."

"And?"

"And, the Black Diamond has no involvement with this. No men were sent out on the day of the kidnapping. All members were involved in an entire day long meeting. From the boss to the lowest member."

"They could have sent out someone else." I argue. Even though I know its in vain.

"No sir. They have a policy of gang work being carried out by members only. The only ones missing were the Leader's son and his friend. But since they do not partake in gang work at all, that's a regular occurrence."

"Keep looking. Check in with the other gangs as well. Make sure the informants are not relaying wrong Intel as well."

"Yes, Sir." Turning around, Larry rushes out of the room. Late tonight, my son will be here. Then I can set out to get answers.

Lost in thought, I gaze at the papers lying on the desk, how am I going to get answers? Everywhere I've looked is a dead end. There is something I'm missing here. From the corner of my eye, I see the screen of my phone light up as the device beeps in notification.

Reaching out for it, I see that I've received a few messages. unconsciously I begin opening the messages, skimming through them without paying much attention. Most are from my son, asking for updates on the situation.

Only if there were actually any updates to give you. I haven't made any progress at all in the span of an entire day.

The last message is what froze the blood in my veins.

I know where your daughter is.
SilverStar Bar. Midnight tomorrow.
I'll be waiting.

What the actual fuck.

-Alec King:

Life sure has a way of so effortlessly screwing you over.

No way did I want this to happen. Not at all. Who wants to be tied down right when they're about to start their life? Not me, that's for sure!

I found my mate. At the age of eighteen. Goodbye life goals, it was nice knowing you.

Unlike the fiction books and movies, there are no female wolves. The werewolf is not like two souls in one, he's basically a human with the ability to change form and has the characteristics and instincts of a wolf. When a wolf finds their mate, it can only be determined through touch. The scent calls to the wolf, but the confirmation is through touch. Never having touched Zoey before, I didn't know she was my mate. I had always felt extremely protective of her, but uptil now didn't know why.

I know most dudes are just dying inside to find their other half and all that shizz. But its just not me. I need time to find me. Find out who I am before I settle down. Finding your mate is a big deal. A huge deal in fact. But its blown my life-plan to smithereens. I was going to tour the world for a few years. Maybe head to Asia or the middle east. But life just had to yank the rug out from under me.

But now that I've found my mate, I have to alter my plans and ambitions to include her. There is no way my wolf instincts will let me stay away for longer than a little while. No way at all. You see, since I'm a werewolf and the son of an influential gang leader. That puts my mate in grave danger. Other gangs using her to blackmail and force me to do their will. You know, the good stuff.

Anyway, currently I'm holding my mate in my arms. She seems to be under the delusion that there's a dog in the house. What she doesn't know is that its my feral instincts that make involuntarily growl every time she tries to move away. Although I hate to admit it, I really like holding her. Makes me feel like as if I can protect her from everything and everyone. Zoey shifts around in my arms, trying to move onto the sofa cushion, automatically I let out a low growl. Immediately she clings to me once more. Perfect.

"Get the dog away from me." She whines.

"Hey, don't insult me!" Its an automatic reflex. I can't help it.

"I did not insult you!" She growls. Lifting her head to glare at me. Damn. Way too adorable for her own good.

Ladies and gentlemen, I think its time to mess with my mate.