It's Been Too Long

Amanda's POV
Everything that had happened to me and the Pharaoh, I had the chance to see the Pharoah and Yugi duel each other. I had felt my soul disappear, but I didn't want the Pharaoh to leave Yugi.
    "Wait!!!" I yelled.
    "You know this is the last stage for Atem." Azizu told me
    "I know. But look at Yugi. He's going to be devastated." I mentioned.
     "But, we would be together, my love. We would have a family like we planned." Atem told me.
     "But is this the type of life you wanted. Finding new friends and then leave them all after a really long time being together. If that's what you want, then you can go on without me." I told Atem, devastated.
      "Amanda, please listen to me. I don't want to go, really I don't. But I have to leave them. If I go in our place then you can stay." Atem told me.
        "I am not staying. You stay and I'll go. This is the life you need right now. In the mind of a river who is never scared, who shows nothing of a feeling." I said. Tears streaming down my face. Atem grabs my face and kisses me right in front of everyone. I kissed back knowing that we may never see each other again.
         "Amanda, I want to go and I want you to come with me. I know it will be tough for the first little bit, but--"
           "Atem, you clearly don't understand the issues that I- we all are facing. Me, you, Yugi and his friends, everyone that we both know. This is not a game, Atem. One of these days you'll have to understand. Everything is this world, everyone in this world, has balance. This world has balance, and without that balance, how would we all survive?" I asked. He looked at me with tears in his eyes, realizing that I was right. He didn't realize that he needed his friends and me. My gaze gotten softer as I gave him a hug.
     "I didn't realize that I needed my friends and you, even at this point I still need you all." Atem told me. I only looked up at him. Once Atem looked down and into my eyes, he knew that he would never feel the same. Then he looked at Yugi and realized what I meant. I put my head on his chest and made sure that he was close to me. I never wanted him to go and I knew Yugi and his friends didn't want to go.
       "Atem, I never wanted to hurt you. But think about what will happen to you. Think about what'll happen to Yugi and his friends." I told him.
        "Amanda, dear, look at me." I look up at Atem, in his eyes, with tears in my own eyes. "I want you to be happy." And with that, Yugi defeated Atem and he left...for good. Me, Yugi and his friends were all devastated. I never thought that this would happen this way. I want my Atem to come back to us. I cried so hard that I no longer was crying, I began to sob. I wanted you to come back to us, my Atem, my sweet Pharaoh. But that'll never happen, it'll never happen again.

*Time Skip*

It has been around ten years since Atem left, all I thought about was Atem. I was getting into my everyday clothing, typical black tank top with black pants and black shoes. I heard a knock at the door, as I walked to the door, I seen Yugi and his friends waiting outside for me.
    "Amanda, may we come in?" Yugi asked me. I stepped out of the way and I saw Atem, in person once more. But this time, he was here to stay with me. With Yugi, and his friends. But this time, it was for good. I never wanted you go, Atem.
   "Amanda..." Atem whispered.
   "Atem!" I gave Atem a hug as he holds me in his arms. All I could think about now, was our future.
    "I never thought we would never see him again." Tristan said.
     "Amanda, I would be happy to be with you here." Atem whispered in my ear.
      "Me too, Atem. Me too." I whispered back. In those ten years of Yugi and his friends coming over and staying the night with me, made it all worth while. But I know this one little thing that made it even better, one little thing that everyone probably knows is that it has been too long.

If you want me to make new chapters like this one, leave down in the comments. I truly am proud of this one. If you have an idea for the next chapter, leave it in the comments.