「Chapter 8 - A Few Questions...」

sorry for my slow updates, i'm a lazy ass

-----------

Sea and Moon turn around to find Millennial Tree and his guardian walking on the streets behind them.

Oh.

~~~~

It had grown darker. Fireflies had started dancing between the trees as faint orange light met their eyes. The height of the trees was slowly changing, as they came across casual plants and plain general Cookie Kingdom trees.

Not that Millennial Tree had noticed, but the temperature had surprisingly increased within the span of a few hours. Wind Archer was being blown in the face with warm summer breezes every five seconds and his eyes squinted at each whisk of air.

He'd be a fool if he were to complain, though. This was much better than lingering out in the freezing cold all night. And a lot warmer, which he liked. A lot. He liked warm temperatures in general.

The orange light got a little closer as they resumed walking. Then, before they knew it, they were met with a number of bright orange lights as they walked off the pathway and into a plaza.

Homes and shops surrounded them. Cookies skipped in the streets. They walked past a few drinking cookies, all of which looked happy as can be. Millennial looked pleased. Wind looked...like Wind.

The bright orange lights were blinding to Wind. All he wanted to do was stay at home and rest. He was too tired to stay out in the hot summer air all night. And not to mention the fact that there was a chance he would meet Fire tonight.

Pfft. Who was he kidding? Fire wasn't going to show up at some even, right? Unless he actually wanted to start being social again and visited tonight just to see Sea and Moon...

Yeah right. He would probably only want to see Wind tonight. And Fire would've considered this and said, "Yeah, he's probably not coming."

It's not like Wind really wanted to see Fire anyway. That night was kinda awkward. But he did want answers. Answers to what, though? If Fire likes him or something?

Wait, what?

Millennial excitedly grabbed Wind's hand and ran across the plaza, pulling him out of his trance, "Look at this! It's so beautiful! Wind, we have to find Sea and Moon!"

Wind smiled at his father figure's excitement. At least this was for Millennial's sake. Wind suspected he'd needed to get out of the house

Millennial danced and danced, running from street to street. Many cookies walking by looked up at him in awe. He was still a celebrity, after all. He was walking too fast for any cookie to catch up and snatch a couple of autographs, though.

After a few more minutes of running through the plazas, Millennial came to a halt, beginning to stare at something in front of the cafe. His guardian looked up at him confused, then he looked down at what Millennial was staring at.

Oh, sh-

Millennial raced over to the cafe, pulling Wind with him. They stopped in front of one of the tables, which held a few people they know. Just a few friends, nothing big.

Okay, so maybe Fire Spirit, Sea Fairy, and Moonlight were there, but that doesn't matter. Why would that matter?

Wind tried to pull off from Millennial's hand, but that didn't really end in success. He just got pulled forward anyway.

"How are my lovely friends doing?" Millennial greeted cheerfully, flicking his head back and forth to look at each of them.

Sea Fairy was sitting in the chair closest to them, messing with her ocean hair. Moonlight was standing next to Sea, leaning her forearms on the back of the chair. Fire Spirit was sitting at the chair across from them, his head buried into his arms.

"Oh," Sea Fairy exclaimed, a smile immediately lighting up her face, "Hey, you two! We didn't think you'd show up tonight."

"How could I ever miss a summer celebration?!" Millennial cried, "It's the most wonderful time of year!"

Wind averted eye contact for each of them. He didn't really like being forced into conversations like this, so he assumed that simply looking away would do the trick.

"You can say that again." Moonlight replied, her sweet smile stuck to her face, "Hey, Wind Archer! How are you?"

Wind flinched at the sound of his name. He didn't want to be acknowledged tonight.

"I'm fine, thank you." he frantically replied, still averting eye contact.

"Did you drag him along?" Sea asked Millennial. The dark brown cookie shrugged, a smug look on his face. Sea and Moon shot him a look, causing Millennial to let out a nervous laugh. Wind assumed Sea and Moon were acting this way because they were trying to defend him, but he highly doubted it.

"How did you manage to get Fire Spirit of all people out of his home?" Millennial asked, pointing a finger at the flaming cookie.

"He was here when we showed up. We don't really know why." Moon answered, looking over at Fire.

Fire glanced up, head still in his arms. He looked like he had a fever. His face was super red, but Wind didn't really get a good glimpse at that before Fire buried his head into his arms again, muttering something.

Wind grumbled. He didn't really want to face Fire, despite him being the reason he decided to come.

Wind looked back over. Then he and Fire met eyes. Neither of them looked away, resulting in it taking less than a few seconds heat to rise to Fire's face. Wind blinked, utterly confused.

"Okay, well since everybody is perfectly fine with being awkward," Sea Fairy exclaimed, standing up and pushing in her chair, "let's go for a walk!"

"Of course!" Millennial replied quickly, "Wind, would you like to tag along?"

Wind nodded slightly. He walked over to Fire, yanking him out of the chair so he was standing. Fire gasped at the sudden gesture for some odd reason.

"Come on, it's not nap time." Wind ordered.

Fire groaned and began floating. Sea and Moon giggled at him. Then, all of them started straight across the streets.

Millennial was leading the way in the front, chatting and chatting his heart out. Sea and Moon listened intently behind him. And Wind and Fire were in back, an awkward silence barrier between them.

The two of them drowned out what the other three were saying. It seemed boring, anyway. But that left them to try and start up a conversation.

Wind was bored out of his mind. Staying at home in his leafy bed seemed like the best thing right now. His goal tonight was to talk stuff out with Fire, but really, he regretted ever coming here in the first place at this point.

Fire, on the other hand, looked like a trainwreck. His mouth quivered, his hair was flaming more vigorously, his face seemed crimson red, and his eyes were half-lidded. His posture was sagging as he floated forward, and not to mention his expression. He wasn't wearing a smirk, but a worried frown. What was he doing before this?

Wind continued walking forward. Then that night with Fire popped into his mind. That was the reason he came here, and he wasn't planning to deny it. He had to confront him about it, and he was putting off his only chance.

Wind stopped in his tracks, looking over at Fire. Fire stopped in his tracks as well, flinching when Wind looked over at him. Wind sighed, confused as ever.

"We'll catch up." Wind mumbled ahead.

Millennial turned his head around as he continued walking, "That's fine, just don't get lost." he responded, smiling sweetly. And then, there they went.

Wind looked to the left of him, staring Fire right in the eyes, "I have a few questions." he said.

Fire gulped.

-----------
i rewrote this twice lmao

next chapter will be out sooner than before